I need some English-as-a-second-language volunteers

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
One of the things we hope to get figured out by launch is support for non-English languages. Which languages we'll support, what that support will look like (e.g. full UI overhaul or just in-game community-supplied translations) and when that support will be available (e.g. at launch vs a later patch) depends on how complicated it'll be to. So that's what I need you for!

I'm looking for people fluent in a non-English language using a keyboard designed for that language, so I can get some test text for the server-side and in-game stuff. All I'll ask you to do, later, is go to a website to submit some text and then give me permission to send you some images via email to compare what you entered to how it rendered in the game and on the web.

If you're interested say so in this thread, along with your language, and I'll be in touch once I'm ready to start figuring this out.

Thanks!

[Edit: Languages with huge number of characters (e.g. Chinese) are currently off the table, since that requires solving a whole bunch of additional problems. The characters have to fit within extended ASCII, which means 128 characters on top of the normal ASCII set.]
Last edited by bscotchAdam on 22 Jul 2015 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarification re: languages with many characters.

I VOLUNTEER AS A TRIBUTE!

As you (most likely) know, I'm a native French speaking French ^^

Polish here!
And I don't necessarily mean make things shiny :p

German

I guess I could do a *little* Chinese translation. But not especially fluently. Enough to understand. But a Chinese version might get hacked. Chinese hackers are really good.

@Nea Ha! I definitely won't be able to do Chinese anyway since it requires UTF16 encoding and I'm pretty sure Gamemaker is limited to 8-bit characters, though perhaps there's a way around it.

Yeah that was the other concern. Chinese is a large language to code! But latin script is wayyy easier to work with.

I can help with Spanish =3 it's my main language

[Edit] Mine is the latin american version of Spanish not the hispanic version of Spain >,<

OK, first request wave.

We're updating BscotchID and figuring out multi-language support for BSID messaging. We're adding true keyboard support since that's needed for PC, but still need virtual keyboards on mobile.

What I need is the UTF8 list of characters, in the exact order they appear on your keyboard. I only need the minimal character set that that is essential for general messaging (e.g. things like square brackets in English are not essential for general messaging).

Because of the setup, additional alt-keys aren't doable. I'm looking for standard layouts for each language. Please include the native language name and 2-letter code (copy-paste from wikipedia).

Example submission:

LANGUAGE
English (en)

LOWERCASE
1234567890-=
qwertyuiop
asdfghjkl;'
zxcvbnmn,./

UPPERCASE
!@#$%^&*()_+
QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL:"