Update on the Beta timeline

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
When we launched our Greenlight campaign a couple months ago, we told you that our target date to have the game ready for beta testing was August 16, which is when Sam goes into the hospital for 4 weeks, for the final stem cell transplant.

So now it's that last week, and you're probably wondering if we're going to make that target date and what the beta is going to look like.

The short answer is: NOPE, the game will NOT be ready by the 16th. We're still quite close, though.

I know, I know, you were super excited about our original target and I'm sorry to disappoint. We'll be working our asses off this week and then will put together a detailed blog post for FRIDAY to tell you where we are, what we have left to do, how long we think it's going to take, what the beta test is going to look like, and when we'll start selecting beta testers.

I'm in direct from Butterscotch's headquarters!
The players are heating up since they won't be able to participate to the beta testing as soon as it was planned.

Here is what someone said:
"That's a shame! I can't take this anymore! You lied to us! :x"

Stuff is getting dirty, as we see persons looting for NO REASON around!

More info in next report, coming whenever it's ready!

On a more serious note, don't worry about this, as long as you make SOME SWEET BUTTERSCOTCH GAMES :D
(plus you gave that date as a goal, not a promise. People would not be nice if they raged)

Thanks Ulnarevern! You know I heard someone was going to release an international virus because of this revealing news!

I would be ok with that, as long as people from the Butterscotch extended family and a few thousand other people can live. Who needs people when you have the INTERNET?

And CRASHLANDS

This just in, it's actually a computer virus!! Guess you won't have your way after all!! Hi

Reporting back from Butterscotch Headquarters!

Latest news: the computer virus is actually a bad joke from a troll. It inserts random bits of You smell!text in everything!
Cut yourself out from the interThis is a joke!net and wait for Flux to come back from Woanope to save us all!

Even if it's not for the 16th, keep waiting as patiently as Flux WILL COME. She has some greater goals right now. And you HAVE TO BE OKAY WITH THAT.
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 10 Aug 2015 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No edit, but I advise we stop here ;)

Patience is a virtue. :lol:

It's more of an unavoidable pain

Can't disagree with that!

What I'm more concerned about is Sam. I hope hes not going to overwork himself with his operation and all. Beta being delayed is no problem. But health is wealth :D. Far better a healthy Sam than Crashlands

Next

Return to Crashlands General Discussion