USB/BT keyboard support (phone)

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Will mobile crashlands support standart keyboard? It would be pretty epic. I mean, you'll be able to play it on Pc with keyboard, so why not on a phone? Thoughts @bscotchAdam @bscotchseth?

What do you mean by "support"? Like... hotkeys?

Like I plug it in and I can walk using WSAD or arrows, accesing inventory, punching things you name it. Basically, playing it the same way as on Pc (without mouse).

Actually on PC you DO use a mouse! It's click-to-interact on PC, in the same way we use touch on mobile. The keyboard is just used for hotkeys (like for the hotbar at the bottom and for opening up in-game menus).

Post-launch, if we get interest in the game from console makers we'll look into making gamepad (and thus, probably, WASD) -compatible gameplay.

It would be kind of interesting to be able to walk with WASD and use the mouse to interact with things though...

Sounds interesting.

I suppose we could make it possible... we'd have to find a way to detect that a keyboard is connected though. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BRAINCHURN

Think about it post release! You've so much to get done before!

Also @bsotchseth If you're going to add WASD movement, make sure on the device there is a joystick or some such. Only if you decide to do it, that is. Which you will. Or not. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Return to Crashlands General Discussion