Crashlands Beta selection criteria

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I'm going to make that required as part of the invite process; )

That's a great way to choose tester!

As I said somewhere here before, I like finding bugs in your games more than actually playing them. That's the real challenge! And I love that you're always listening.

That's a shame that beta would be carried out only on PC. Is it still valid? I have totally no time for playing that way. Right now I can only do it on my android phone.

The beta is on everything!

We'll be testing on Android via Google Play, iOS via iTunes, and PC/Mac via Steam.

You're thinking of the beta we thought we were going to do in the spring, which was ill-conceived (and naively timed!)

Sweet! That makes things seem much more doable for beta testing anyway. Surprised that someone would bother wanting to do beta testing for your game and not be part of bscotchid, tho I guess if they just wanna play the game rather than find all those pesky little beetles running around under the skin of the game (just think The Mummy :D), then that would make sense. Will have to relook at that guide you guys put up

GROSS!

I'll be making up a better guide this time. The plan is that I'll write the code that selects all of the players we'll invite, then send them all an email with links to website that they'll have to visit and COMPLETE before they'll unlock access to the beta. Those will include:

1. An NDA (we still need to decide exactly how secret this thing will be) that testers must agree to.
2. A short article/video describing what testers can/should expect, what can disqualify them, etc. Will require that testers agree in general and to a few important re-iterated points.
3. A short general article/video describing how to give good feedback. May include a few simple multiple choice questions to make sure testers read it ;)
4. A short specific article/video describing the technical aspects of feedback for this test, and what exactly we're looking for. May include a few simple multiple choice questions to make sure testers read it ;)
5. A form to add any required username for us to give testers access, depending on which platforms testers will be using (e.g. Apple ID, Steam ID, or Google + email address).
6. (possibly) A form to add device information. Would be accessible at all times during the beta, and feedback could be assigned to particular devices. Will also allow us to do follow-up surveys.

So we have to pass a test to get into the Beta..... but I fail all the tests. Urgh, you should have told me months ago, now I have to cram a ton of study in? Blah!

Actually, no wait, I'm a procrastinator, so you probably should tell me the night before, cuz I'll put off all my studying until then anyway. XD

@Mea we will also be VERY STINGY about backflips. If you cannot do a backflip, how can you expect to beta test Crashlands? IT MAKES NO SENSE.

I'm a hip old Aussie who can hip-hop, bebop, dance til ya drop and yo yo, make a wicked cup of cocoa.

But I'm too lazy for backflips. Can I take an alternative test for that portion please?

But back flips will keep me from testing! And besides, that level of testing involved will root out even more people because if they don't feel like doing that they won't give good feedback. Some people are just too lazy for your list of test things.

All platforms! Great news! Can't wait for that exam :D

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion