Up on the Play Store!

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
@ynnadanny Since the game only works with touch, we don't support Android TV. If we add controller support in the future we'll add Android TV support as well -- we know first hand how awesome the Nvidia Shield TV is!

Hey @Ulnarevern it just hit me. It's tax! The game itself is $4.99 but the tax (in my case 21%) makes it $6 something. It's in the email Google sents you.

Oh ok thank you for the info! :)

@bscotchAdam please do get this rolling on Android tv I already bought this on the ios and would gladly buy it again on Android if I could play it on my shield TV. Also big thumbs up for the cross platform saves that is a huge plus that I wish other developers are doing and keep up the good work.

Hey, the flaw is that Android TV requires controller support. If you could get a mouse and keyboard working that'd be fine as that's how pc works (using the mouse to move and the keyboard for hotkeys and such). The game was meant to be played as a touchscreen game and the flaw with giving it controller support is that it's just not how the game was meant to be played. It's been talked about quite a lot and it's just more trouble than what it's worth if you know what I'm sayin'.

Which isn't to say that won't happen... we have Shield TVS ourselves and would also love to play it on there. It's still on the maybe list!

Crashlands on the oculus, so close you could touch the poisonous Slurb barbs!

@bscotchAdam Sorry if that came off as a bit misinformed. I know you guys try to always phrase it as a slight maybe, but it always seems to come off as a stark not going to happen in the near future kind of thing.

Nothing to worry about!

Our position is:

The game was designed around tap/click to move. The vast majority of devices in the markets in which we have Crashlands can use one of those interfaces, so while the game lives ONLY in those markets we don't want to spend the dev time.

If we manage to get the game onto a large market in which controllers are the primary interface (consoles) then we'll have to add controller support! BUT. We'll only ensure that standard controllers work, and only focus that effort on popular platforms that require a controller to function.

Previous

Return to Crashlands General Discussion