How'd you find out about Crashlands?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Was browsing the Google Play store and decided to try Quadropus Rampage about 8 months ago, and that was the first time hearing about BSS. From there, played all the other games and got hooked on the community, and dove into it headfirst, meaning checking back daily for news about Crashlands until finally there was beta and finally the launch. Thank you guys for being my favorite game studio ever.

Step 1. Saw it on Twitter.

Step 2. Looked at the App Store.

Step 3. <3333333333333333333333333.

Best,
Sabby

I stumbled upon this game by looking around on Steam. Read a review on the game and watched a trailer to confirm my purchase.

+10 int for buying this game

So I found out about this game Punch Club through their silly "the game will be released when Twitch beats it" promotion, and I watched Twitch play for a bit and it looked good so after it was released I watched a single human play for a bit and thought, "Yep, still looks good," so I bought an iTunes Gift Card for $15 (cheapest they had, and I prefer to use iTunes credit rather than direct purchases) and bought the game for $5 and played the heck out of it. I thought, "Wow, it sure is awesome to play a real complete game on my iPhone that I bought up front like the good old days! I wonder what else might be out there?" I saw the banner for Crashlands, then saw the game near the top of the charts, then read a few glowing iTunes reviews and checked TouchArcade to find that raving review and links to some of the BScotch backstory. I still had $10 credit so I bought Crashlands hoping for another great premium game experience... and boy was I blown away!

Since then I've listened to most of the podcast episodes, played over 60 hours of Crashlands and beat it 100%*, and now I've been checking out the other BScotch titles and Buttering Up as I go. Love these guys, love their enthusiasm and game design ethic. Don't love the art in Towelfight2 (a remastered "hey I got a lot better at art and also now you can see enemy projectiles because they have red outlines or something" version would be most welcome) but the game itself is quite awesome and there are totally great ideas behind it that keep me playing. Also I need that quest unlock! And I plan to keep working my way through their older games. *Seriously those Perk unlocked side quests are calling my name!

So anyway yeah, that's how I found out about Crashlands (and I've hooked at least one other friend on the game so far) - thanks largely to the completely unrelated Punch Club of all things.
Last edited by AlanFalcon on 09 Feb 2016 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

@AlanFalcon <3

I attended a St Louis game dev meeting where automated crafting systems was discussed. I found it thorougly fascinating. Then I saw the trailer, shared it with all my friends, and put it in the back of my mind. Then I attended another meeting talking about balance, set a reminder on my phone for Jan 21.

So basically you kept hearing @bscotchseth give talks about stuff :D

@bscotchAdam Yes, I did. And I honestly loved them, and wanted to chat more about them, but didn't want to come off as some crazy Single White Female type fanboy.

Yeah, probably not the best. I'm the resident (notso)SWFcrazyfangirl around here. You'll have to carve your own niche, but we welcome that, @qajtoast . ^_^

Google Play. I have been looking for a game such as this. It is everything I could want in a mobile game or otherwise. In the Google Play store it had a rating of 4.9 with many downloads. Based on that alone I could not resist but upon watching the preview video at the top and the description provided by BSS I could not resist.

Would it not be wonderful to have a full scale platform game for XBoxOne and PS4 someday? When people ask me what kind of game this is I say well its an adventure game somewhat like minecraft and legend of zelda but in a league of its own.

This is my first post here, hello everyone!

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion