Crashlands real value for mobile only BScotch fans

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
@bscotchAdam I have no knowledge on how it works, but butter ups are tied to bsid right? So why not just have a "web store" of sorts for butter ups and add a function on the forums to gift butter ups? I know it's a lot of work, but it could work for something like an insightful comment or something functioning somewhat like reddit gold. This would allow players to support you further and for those who have a lack of space allow them to butter up via an online page.

That's the sort of thing we would do, BUT we wouldn't be able to sell ButterUps that could then be used in Google Play or iTunes (because this would be externally selling products for use in those stores, which is super against the rules). Because iTunes is a closed system, that means we will never have a way to sell stuff for iDevices outside of the App Store.

Since Android and PC/Mac are open systems, we could sell keys/ButterUps outside of those stores, but only for copies of the game that are distributed outside of those stores. Meaning you wouldn't be able to use your BscotchID Store ButterUp in the copy of the game you download from Google Play. We'd have to provide an additional way for you to download it, and maintain updated versions there just like we do on the other stores.

The vast, VAST majority of people who buy our stuff do so from the major stores, so it isn't yet worth the effort to create an entirely new ecosystem. Add to that the confusion that would come along with it (players not understanding why their Android ButterUp doesn't work on Google Play) and it extra isn't worth it!

That is way more complicated than I initially anticipated...

@Basher also worth of note is that all BScotch games preserve progression and Butter Ups with BScotchID automatically (just Towelfight 2 does it manually, but it does), so you can, whenever you have a little more space, download, login and Butter Up a game and delete it afterwards. Whenever you login and download again, your Butter Up and progression will be immediately recovered.

I recently had to delete most of their games and when I logged in again, everything was back in place. It is so smooth and nice that it makes me cringe at every other scheme in the wild. There's this breaking bug on Game Center going for three months already (I abhor that thing, so I had disabled before it broke), and whenever I see some news on it, I secretly smile and think "Not with BScotch games!".

:D

Previous

Return to Crashlands General Discussion