rpg elements

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Will you be adding any rpg elements like talent trees was just curious because with pets it would make it so much more meaningful even if uts awhile away just curious if you have any plans to in the future

I'd rather have crazier armor perks, like wings, auto lectric orbs and random explosion hugs.

Hmm, this question has never been asked before so I have nothing to go off of other than my slight knowledge of the bros mindsets lol. I am going to try and answer this as best I can for now! Crashlands was made to be the devs solution to the genre. They took elements they didn't like and improved upon them while making the game. They had so many ideas that some of them just couldn't fit in the game itself. For example I know that there used to be a pet capturing minigame, but it just didn't jive with the rest of the game so it was changed to the system we have now. I don't doubt that a skill tree might have been considered, but I feel like it wouldn't have worked for the game. The game is more of a crafting rpg based around it's crafting elements. Adding a skill tree wouldn't work to well, and while I think it could have been interesting I think that what we have now is beyond perfect. The system now allows for younger players to play it and not have to think about things other than crafting and beating quests, and also allows for older players to have a blast.

With that being said though, in a slight way there is a skill tree system, just less direct. It's more or less like a linear skill tree: Think of gadgets as active skills and trinkets as passive. Gadgets you can gain through the game to make fighting easier, protect you, and do all sorts of crazy things much like a used in an RPG (hell they even have a cool down). While trinkets have effects that are always there, while you can consider them to be amulets or something. I'm going to stay on topic and call them Crashlands passives that add buffs and such to your character. While I'm not sure if they thought this way while making the game, it still makes a bit of sense don't you agree?

As to plans in the future we are looking at two more major updates. The next one being the Quality of Life update which aims to fix bugs and such while adding some player requested mechanics. Followed by the Creator update which will be adding the "Crashlands Creator." The creator is going to be a tool for players to create their own crashlands campaign! There will be modifiers and a bunch of other things to make community made content!

I love rpgs but not sweating over complex combinations of character builds for different situations, so TEDIOUS. Too much like work. This is another thing I love about Crashlands. Rpg with NO tedium. Plus explore, build easily, travel easily, gear up, shift character build by shifting trinkets, weapins, pitions, bombs... thats complex enuf for me. I have what I live in rpgs without the complex grindy hassles. Just my IMHO.

That's where I fall, too. All the stats and number crunching for character building drive me crazy -- I usually just arbitrarily choose stuff so I can get back to actually playing the game.

That's where I find crashlands system superior because the item is either better or it's not. There is no middle man.

Return to Crashlands General Discussion