Is Maarla a fraud?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I've looked around the Crashlands wiki, and apparently, Maarla was just a concept created by the Brubus. Is this really true?

Yes and no. It depends on how you view religion because by the looks of it Maarla is their god. Until we see her it could swing both ways. Either she existed or she was made up by them. But who knows!

Is this still canon though? I mean I know that those descriptions for the races were the original concepts, but lots of the stuff isn't really reflected by the actual lore in the game. We should probably do a fact check with the brothers for that one @bscotchsam

Well... you're wrong on that part. The lore is part of the universe crashlands is just a small part of it. What you are reading are the expanded things that there wasn't room to mention in crashlands. Just because it wasn't in crashlands doesn't mean it's not cannon. Using that logic dismisses a lot of things such as all the events that lead up to crashlands! If you want to know what I am talking about read the manual that's where most of the info comes from. But Maarla is cannon 100% Here is the link to the manual (http://www.butterscotch-shenanigans.com ... anual.html)

I know I am not really a newcomer in paticular so you don't really have to tell me that...
But a lot of the descriptions are based on the original blog posts about the races and some of those things might have changed mid-development, I mean a lot of stuff has changed since the start of development, hack when I first started to follow the game it was still supposed to be free to play :)

Thanks! I was curious. I've always loved how BS put the superstitious concept of Maarla in the game!

HOOHOOO!

We were actually re-reading some of the old lore posts the other day and laughing about how they had INDEED become out of date.

Maarla was originally intended to be an illusion created by the Brubus to gain control over the Tendraam. The problem was THIS: that made the Brubus into bigger pricks than made them relatable, which made it hard to enjoy actually doing any work for them or not having them get imploded. I mean, if that were the case, they basically subjugated another race through a false god. Little too dark for us.

Plus, making Maarla a true "god" (which is really just a relative power term, since Baary, too, is considered a "god") gave us some more characters to play with and fun stuff to do there. There will be a bit more of her in the next installment of the Seedsoul series (which I swear is in the works, just been a hell of a few weeks here)!

Ooooh. So she's not a fraud then!

Return to Crashlands General Discussion