Finally, in the Bawg - migrate my complete home?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I finally, have arrived in the Bawg.

For some time, i needed to switch between Savanna and Bawg, to get things, to craft things, to change pets, ....

Shall i migrate my complete home to the Bawg?!?

Whats the Best Practice for this?

Thank you

I'd recommend hoovering up your entire Savanna base and moving it to the Bawg. You'll tend to spend most of your time in each subsequent biome anyway!

Thank you very much!!
;-)

I like what Adam said, but adding to that I always tend to have a small base somewhere in the previous biome for random needs. Typically I have it located by all my fishing holes so that I have a nice base of operations during my stay. While it's not needed I find it nice to have somethings small with workbenches around for use and so that I don't have to travel back and forth between biomes. It's really good for fishing when you don't have the required fishing rod.

OK, thanks!

Any time :)

I make a house at each biome, but carry an extra set of machines and also move pets as needed.
... Though most of my time is spent in each successive biome, sometimes I go back for certain errands like some essence or local plant material or whatever. I tend to make a homey base house each time, that has a porch/deck, a large living area and an attached workshop, and an outside yard for various purposes (garden, fish, smack the scarecrow, whatever). Each base place is labeled as an embassy (because BS is essentially a guest of the local folks), so the front yard always has a hospitable beer keg, nice lighting, and a hewgo wobbly punching toy for taking cathartic whacks at. When its time to move to a new biome, I leave each home base camp as is, and just vacuum up/relocate my pets in their beds, and my workshop machines. The next biome's house is built anew similarly (due to taste), with slight design differences depending upon whim, materials, or improvements. I make two of each new machine, so one stays in workshop of the latest biome and the 2nd stays in my infinisuit for quick use anywhere. I also carry an extra bed for field use, and leave a nice comfy grenamel bed in each house for crashing whenever I go back there.
... I must note, however, that whenever I go back, the house is so darn empty and lonely without all my pets and their chatter. Even though I travel with one trusty pet, and even though I leave all the decor at each place, it always seems quite barren.

PS: If you arent the type to make houses, just carry an extra set of machines in your pocket, and lay out one set on mats in whatever biome you are mostly in at the time. Pets can be vacuumed up when in their beds. That's all you actually technically need, since infinisuit handles inventory.
Last edited by tofos on 24 May 2016 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please use EDIT button

So I just reached the Bawg not long ago, and it is not very convenient to go from home to the Bawg and back over and over again. Should I make a small base in the Bawg?

Yeah, and bring all your workstations or make a new set. I have a base in each biome because I am cool and good at game.

Hey there @Jacks0n0429 I took the liberty to merge your topic with the already existing one ;)
Some earlier answers may interest you though :)

Next

Return to Crashlands General Discussion