Difference between Blo-Pipe and Plague Injector?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Hi,
Seems each element has a relative weapon that does that damage. What's the difference between the Blo-Pipe and Plague Injector? Is it only that the Plague Injector does splash damage? I thought the Blo-Pipe does too. I'll go check. Is that the only elemental weapon that is duplicated? I haven't found fire or cold's updated weapons yet, but I finally see the first shock projectile weapon (I have the shock shield one already).

And is it the DPS at the time of crafting? The Blo-Pipe doesn't seem to do more than 200 dmg even tho my DPS is 1000+.

Thanks!

BODEGAAA!

They differ in how they apply poison. The plague injector will cause a spreading contagion, leaping to all enemies within range of the first one targeted, whereas the blo-pipe is single target.

Damage is calculated at the time of the gadget's use, so if you get better weapons it'll do better damage. Keep in mind that it's applying a Damage over Time effect, so the total damage (say, 1000) will be spread over 5 ticks (of 200 each).

Thanks! Yeah, I noticed that it was DoT after posting and meant to come back and edit it. I think it's because the cold wand does the damage all at once so it seems stronger, even though it's the same.

Still loving the game, almost done with the 2nd biome and am sad that there is only 1 more biome left.

Return to Crashlands General Discussion