Game Crash, save gone?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Hi.

I have the Google pixel and never had problems with the game. However today it crashed and froze my phone. I restarted but my local save has gone? I unfortunately didn't realize you have to manually setup synch to cloud.

I can see my progress (almost finished the game) but can't continue unless restarting it appears. Anything else I can do?

Thanks

What game are you talking about? Crashlands? If so you posted this in the wrong area haha.

Yeah Crashlands. Sorry on mobile and everything is so small lol

The game tries to find any missing saves -- I think there is still a "recover saves" button on the Saves page. The game make a backup every time it saves, and then if it runs into a problem it'll try to load the backup instead. This was meant to reduce the likelihood, as much as possible, that a corrupted save (e.g. during a phone crash) would still be recoverable. It unfortunately can't guarantee it. The only nearly-sure thing is cloud saving, since the server double-checks the integrity of the save before committing it to memory. There's nothing we can do to help recover a local-only save, since it exists only on your device.

Oh well. Shit happens and just unfortunate. Thanks for the help team!

Return to Crashlands General Discussion