Why Juicemancy comes so late?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
Juicemancy literally changes the way you craft stuff. No longer repeated pieces of the same part for satisfying/excellent. You can choose some desirable traits and play with them. And juice is really common early on. It brings crafting equipment to a new light, and make it a lot more interesting and fun.

So why did it come so late?

It was an addition, at the time of making not planned for integration (or even completely unplanned).
I guess the success of Crashlands bought the team enough time to add that to the game, since it was asked by players AND add a lot of value to the game, and your post is the proof ;)

Thanks for the answer! It made me realise I was actually ambiguous in my post. I was specifically asking in gameplay time: juicemancy is enabled more or less halfway through the game (late Bawg).

But it actually answered it. Since this feature wasn't baked in from the start, and it is somewhat advanced, it couldn't be gradually introduced. Thus, it probably needed a very comfortable player to use it without getting confused. Otherwise, they'd need to create several quests to introduce it earlier (and in simpler forms), and there was a larger balance change in the game that could make it too easy. Putting it earlier wasn't worth the risk and effort.

Oh ok ^^
Well probably, and introducing it in the Bawg also makes sure the player should have gathered enough juice to experiment, I guess :)

Return to Crashlands General Discussion