NEW FLOORS OOOOOO!

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I don't really know my way out of a paper bag when it comes to drawing things, so when I'm confronted with a new sort of thing to draw the process starts as if I were a kindergartner poking shapes and slowly matures. Most things I make start out looking completely, hilariously horrible.
WELL. I went back and re-did the craftable floors today to make some improvements. Most of them I had made in month 2 or 3 of development, so between 4 and 5 months ago. I think you can see the amount of gains that a shameful amount of practice can give in the image below!
These are the stone and sawgrass floors, respectively, from before and after.

Looks good. I could never do anything like that

[url=/profile/25/InferiorPickle]InferiorPickle[/url] said:

[/quote]
FALSE. With practice, you can do whatever you want.

BscotchSeth said:

InferiorPickle said:

[/quote]
FALSE. With practice, you can do whatever you want.

[/quote]
Today I practice, tomorrow I fly!
Also..looks good,could we see them in situ,especially the second one?

@R4V3N? in situ? DOES THAT MEAN IN-GAME I DON'T EVEN

in situ it's latin,means in location/position.It's not a dead language if we continue to use it (:

Looking good. Love seeing how you've progressed, can't wait to see them in game. ^_^

Wait till you see it in-game. It won't bother you at all!

What games inspired your art style?
And well, the game in general? :)

@CyberKlown28? I really liked Binding of Isaac, because when I started arting I didn't have any practice whatsoever, and I was like... I CAN MAKE THAAAAAAAAAAAT. Turns out I couldn't, but that blistering self-confidence carried me through to now. I really like the black outline style and how gritty it can make stuff look. That plus shiny highlights and BOOM, you're in Butterscotch art town. Really I do this style because I don't know how to do anything else, and that's cool with me.

I also like Bastion's painterly thang so I take inspiration from them heavily. Though everything is vector so it requires a few more pieces than usual to get the effect!

Next

Return to Crashlands General Discussion