Crashlands alpha trailer

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
@CyberKlown28? Awesomeness meets pure BScotch Juice!
From what I know of Don't Starve (a really small knowledge), it may (or may not) be something like that, but WAY, WAY BETTER. And maybe more complete on a few points. In my opinion at least, and with my limited knowledge of Don't Starve. And the fight system is really different of the one in Quadropus: in short each enemy type has a pattern and you fight them with your weapon (by clicking them) and some artifacts that act like weapons (but at distance).

In fact, I must assume I can't really describe it. But it was worth a try (I wanted to write something). In all cases, that was an awesome experience.

@CyberKlown28? It definitely has a Don't Starve vibe, but only because it is a non-3D crafting/exploration game. Don't starve is much more of a survival game, since you have permadeath and it is extremely challenging to stay alive. In Don't Starve it is really difficult to fend off enemies, and it is extremely expensive to build things. So your time is really spent gathering and trying hard to not die. In Crashlands we want creature battles and building to be a main focus of the game, and so these parts are more interesting, frequent, and have reasonable difficulty.

The final version of Crashlands will be story-driven. The game is functionally complete right now, but has no story elements to speak of. This means that it is much more like Don't Starve and other survival/crafting games right now than it is going to be upon release!

@pocketpcandgeek? The Early Access Beta isn't very far away, so your impatience need not last too long!

@pocketpcandgeek? MAN you have no idea how you're lucky not knowing how awesome the alpha already was! Welcome on the forums by the way :smile:

I have to fill my time up with other mediocre games until i can play crashlands. Im looking forward to the beta

^ Have been eagerly awaiting this game since it was first announced and it seems the closer it gets to release the more the anticipation builds.

We're tackling the iOS ports of our 4 games + BscotchID this week, and we're going to tackle them LIKE MANIACS. We hope to have everything in Apple's court by 1.5 weeks from now, and then it's FULLTIME CRASHLANDS DEV.

@bscotchSam just put up a post recently on how we've changed the recipe system if you haven't seen it, and there are a few more posts in the pipeline.

Buh! Why isn't it March already?!?!? I'm worse than a junkie without a supply!

Hope CrApple stuff goes quickly though, I know that dealing with them is a pain in the butt.

YES IT IS A PAIN. Seth's screams of frustration can be heard for MILES.

Though one of the biggest problems is that we have to capture screenshots in every resolution that iDevices some in. for iTunes Way back at the first Towelfight launch, that meant replaying the game at each resolution, which is LUNACY. We're trying to come up with a way to change resolution on the fly to satisfy that problem, but it's tricky because of how things are set up.

We also have to deal with the ad and purchasing APIs, which are totally different from Google and for which we haven't solved the BscotchID integration problems yet. My guess is that stuff will turn out to be easy, but who knows?

That'll certainly be easy after the first time. For the first time... Let's hope they tried to make their API to be comprehensive.
All my thoughts to @bscotchseth? and to you too @bscotchAdam? and @BscotchSam! For what you go through to make awesome games for us! And THANK YOU!

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion