Crashlands on PC ?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
I'm pretty sure Crash lands will get through Greenlight, but I'm not a fan of Greenlight in general. Steam Greenlight does not filter games as it was supposed to, because people vote everything through. There are so many games in abysmal states (early access) that you can't wade through all if them without rubber pants. Also, read this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/20 ... en-played/

Even if that were true, it's still way better than Mobile.

But that article is suspect, because I'm pretty damn confident that Steam doesn't have 781 million games on it. In fact, I'd be surprised if they had more than 10,000... WHERE IS THIS ARTICLE GETTING ITS STATISTICS FROM?

EDIT: Maybe they mean 781 million copies? If that's the case, no big deal. That doesn't mean the games aren't being played; it just means some people are buying the games and then not playing them.

More than 4000 games on Steam, around 2000 added last year (from what I remember)
So yeah, it's a number of copies.
There is probably not even a million of games out there in the whole world from the beginning of times, even if you count card and board games. Probably even if you count every single game.

And yes, there are a lot of games that are never played. Mostly because of Steam sales and Indie Bundles. In fact everything where you can buy games for really cheap. People tend to buy games and be like "well I may play this one a day" but they don't. Mostly because it cost almost nothing so they don't care about the game. Same goes for Bundles. People buy them for one or two games, so a lot of them are never played.

Also, but probably much more marginal, there are players who buy some games after they've finished them, so they own a legal copy (and support the developers) but they don't use it.
And last reason, more for GoG.com than Steam but it happens too: compatibility. Some really old games are made compatible with recent hardware and software. I bought some for this reason. You buy the thing, you download it, you install it and it runs perfectly without getting a headache because you spent an hour searching for the correct patch/method to launch the game (try installing an Abandonware version of Thief and then the GoG version, you'll understand what I mean)

Not sure if this was answered already but this seemed like the best place to post my question. If I buy crashlands on mobile phone do I have to buy it again on steam?

I assume that you will have to purchase Crashlands on a per-platform basis, similar to how the other games work, due to the distribution agreements with Apple, Google, and Valve.

@MAP5597 is correct! We're not allowed to honor purchases from one platform on another. If we have enough success that we can start distributing on our own we may sell cross-platform licenses for Android and desktop (Win/Mac/Linux), assuming we can work out the logistics. That's something we want to do, but is definitely going not going to exist until well after Crashlands launches.

What do you guys think optimum performance requirements would be for this game on PC? I haven't gamed on a pc for about 6 years so my two desktops are only used for business and are, I would assume, underpowered for new games.

This thing is meant to run smoothly on even pretty medium mobile devices, so you'll probably be okay!

Define "pretty medium mobile device" please.

Can't, sorry! We're not in the business of hardware.

It'll obviously work best on high-end devices, and we'll have a few settings options that will reduce requirements. Part of the goal of the upcoming beta will be to find out what the hardware limitations actually are, since they have likely changed since the alpha. During the alpha, people were running it with moderate success on some pretty low-end devices. Since then, we have made some things much more efficient but have also added a lot more things, so it's hard to know what to expect!

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion