[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Crashlands on PC ?

Crashlands on PC ?

Talk about Crashlands with your fellow players here! NOT for advice and help.
As for the alpha, I can confirm!

I ran it (so around 10 months ago) on a Sony Xperia U (bought in September 2012 if I recall correctly), which was the low-end Sony phone from the first half of 2012 (dual core processor @ 1GHz, 368MB of RAM apparently).
The game was running at a smooth 30FPS during day and at a not-so-smooth ~10-15FPS during night, but it was playable, with some adaptation time from the player (their games just slow down, so I was literally playing at half-speed).
By the way in comparison, I've a similar framerate loss when rampaging in Quadropus Rampage and I also have it with earthworms in Flop Rocket.
The lags seemed - for me - to be coming from post-processing or whatever process that makes some fancy effects on screen (the red-thingy in QR, night color modification in Crashlands alpha and unknown thing for FR)

I'd guess that the beta should still be playable on my phone (I HOPE) since the lag seem tied to some precise stuff.

However, keep in mind what Adam said in the previous post :)

Xperia U has 512MB of RAM. So I'm doomed.

That's what I thought but the phone itself always talk about less... So either I got only 368MB or Android is freakin' stupid (at least 2.3.7) and does not show the rest of the RAM to keep it for itself.

Ah yes, by the way I'm still on 2.3.7 X)

Nope, RAM is shared with graphical chip, so for you it's only 380MB. Root, custom rom? Huh, a bit OT - let's continue here - https://forums.bscotch.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3677

To get back to the point of the topic (that caused me to talk about my phone):
If the alpha ran on it, any recent phone should be able to run it, and pretty much any computer should be sufficient too :)

I think it's relevant to the topic:
Did you plan the alternative command schemes? (for AZERTY people mostly)

going back to the ps4 problem you should check out terraria, it was also deemed to failure because of the lack of mouse or touch screen but it ended up pretty well, and the ps4 has a touch pad so that works as well

@Ulnarevern We'll allow custom hotkey mapping, so you can use anything you like! I'm pretty sure Seth got that hooked up last week.

Will progress be transferred between portable and PC

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands General Discussion