Am I doing it wrong?

Be a quadropus. Go on a rampage. And then talk about said rampage in this forum!
So I downloaded QR two years ago and played it for a little bit and loved the game. I buttered up to gain the orbs I was missing out on so that I could level up quicker and get to a lower depth.

After a while of not getting far I gave up thinking the game was too hard.

Since that time I found the other BS games and have buttered up TF2 and Flop Rocket and learned that if I stick with the game and level up I can make it through.

Upon receiving friend connections through BSID I see that people are getting way deeper than I can in QR and revisited the game because while it is really hard, I do enjoy playing it and I love the whole style that Adam, Sam, and Seth put into their games.

So when I play QR and I start to get to harder levels I play more conservatively, I wait until my bubble is recharged before warping, I dodge a lot. Is there something I'm missing or am I just I whiny little girl who sucks at games?

School me!

Same here!
I've reached space as a potato but I'm tired of cleaning over and over the same levels in QR with barely noticeable character progress. I didn't even kill Pete. I have no motivation. What bothers me most is that I can't collect weapons and artifacts (like in Diablo) so I have to start from scratch every time. Probably it's not my kind of game.

This is a game of patience in the beginning.

I tried to play with a blank save (Anonymous profile) and that was honestly a pain in the ass compared to when you have a lot more stuff unlocked (everything is slower and you have to be patient to kill your enemies instead of one-shoting them).

From what I remember, you have to play a lot, try to get as many masteries as possible, invest every single orb in Tack upgrades and so on... In the beginning it is slow but there's a moment where everything will be much faster better stronger (wow... That was lame). It is a bit like their other games : in the beginning you are really weak but then you've a little something that totally helps your life.

Promise, it gets better after some time :)

Nope, it's not! :D In my opinion it's totally opposite. The longer you play, the more time you have to spend to upgrade your character. And I'm inpatient, everything bores me very quickly. If I have to clean 700 levels few times to upgrade one skill, I'm switching games ;)

Ok so update for me. I always thought that buttering up gave me the double orbs but last night I went looking through the store because my Google rewards balance got high enough for me to spend some more on QR. I found a separate orb doubler for $1.99 in the store and now leveling up a bunch of stuff and I notice a difference. Firstly, I received almost 60,000 orbs from the orb bank, secondly since orbs are tied to health and leveling I now level up faster (higher hp) and I get healed much more from orbs so that I don't have as much of a deficit on my health after a mob attacks me. I got to 500 easy last night after weeks of struggling to get to 400.

Its a whole new game!

I have orb doubler from the very beginning. So... I'm the only sissy here... I guess :D

Yeah, we consider the orb doubler plus the ButterUp to be the "full" game. The other purchases are basically cheats ;)

@tofos rogue-likes are definitely not for everyone, and they can be highly variable in frustration level. I get tired of most rogue likes pretty quickly, though the additional RPG aspects of QR and summer other games are sufficient to hold my interest.

Oh my gorsh I'm dumb! I just realized that you can hold the Dodge button down and swim really fast continuously. I read about dodging over the open water to let the bubble recharge but you can swim forever and then swim back. I feel dumb. Watch out leader boards!

@Fweebers: Hehe, same to me in the beginning. Did not get what to do with these little jumps ;) . I've discovered that feature after manymany hours and manymany deaths due to Pete's lasers. Dodging made live easier. Same as spin attack (long pressing the attack button), which I've found out even after dodging...

That is the first thing I do, randomly pressing buttons looking for hidden combos :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Quadropus Rampage