[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Roguelike aspects

Roguelike aspects

Be a quadropus. Go on a rampage. And then talk about said rampage in this forum!
I'm really liking the game, and have basically spent the last few days playing, pretty much non-stop.

(don't tell work)

I've been a fan of roguelikes as a genre for years, and I was wondering about your opinions on Quadropus's particular take.

Personally, I love the fact that roguelikes start over every time you play, but I have to wonder how much leveling up affects that. I've only gotten 2 or 3 upgrades in each category at this point, but I'm wondering if once you've fully leveled, if the game seems too easy?

I'm enjoying the learning curve for now, and excited to see what's coming!

Don't worry, the new modes you'll unlike are MUCH HARDER, so there will always be a challenge!

I was wondering the same thing, I am also addicted and have been toying with the idea of unlocking everything when I can afford to and hoping it didn't ruin the game by making everything too easy. Very awesome to hear otherwise :D this and dungeonism are my two favorite rougelike games

It definitley doesn't make it too easy

I'm still working on unlocking game modes, even the normal mode is a huge challenge.

1% have beaten the hardest Pete, and there aren't many high scores in the non-Pete game modes.

I've beaten everything, and have all unlock ables in the game. It took me 3 months playing non stop to beat the final Pete. Not to mention the many days I spent prior to that. Quadropus has so much replay value...so don't worry about it being too easy (it's not).

I often have trouble finding games that offer a decent challenge, Quadropus definitely meets up to those expectations.

Return to Quadropus Rampage