Remastered version coming soon?

Be a quadropus. Go on a rampage. And then talk about said rampage in this forum!
Does the remastered version of this game have a tentative release date?

Not by the looks of it! As of now they seem to be focusing on Codename Brunch. I'd imagine we will see it sometime in the future though haha. When is the obvious question.

Great question!

We tend to not operate using deadlines or timelines; instead, we all just have projects we are working on, and we try to get them done as quickly and efficiently as possible. We'll only put a solid release date down when we know we're ready to launch; we learned that lesson pretty thoroughly with Crashlands!

Here are the current top priorities of everyone in the studio:

Adam - Crashlands Creator
Carol - Crashlands Creator & Web Dev
Andy - BscotchID Web Dev
Seth - Crashlands Controls Patch, Console Porting
Sam - Quadropus Remastered Art
Shi - Quadropus Remastered Programming

Having Shi at the helm for Quadropus Remastered means we can make progress on it even while working on Crashlands updates. However, he's still pretty new to Game Maker, so he has to learn / make up a lot of it as he goes along, which means it'll take a bit longer than you might expect.

That list feels REAL GOOD.

Thanks for the response. Nice things to look forward to :)

Any progress update on this one to report?

Is there going to be anything added to the game content-wise, or is it solely a graphics remaster?

We tend to give brief updates on the podcast, and on our weekly recap on the blog. That's the best way to keep up to date, otherwise we'll specifically post major stuff.

The game is going to be quite different, if things go as planned. It'll be a separate game, with an identity falling somewhere between a remastered version and a sequel. Mostly depends on how development goes!

YUS!
This means I keep the 500m run world record with no cheating :D

More seriously, I'm really happy that it would become a remasquel, different from the original game, so I can keep the original one. And I guess that's one of the reasons you plan on doing so and this is why I love you all.

YEEEEEEEE! Yeah, the original has its own charm... I think it'd be a mistake to rip it apart and make it into something else (even if the new thing is dang similar).

I'm glad there gonna be differences though. I already put so much time into quadropus that playing the exact same game again wouldn't really appeal to me anymore

Next

Return to Quadropus Rampage