Quadropus Rampage: Petemare

Be a quadropus. Go on a rampage. And then talk about said rampage in this forum!
Update: We are no longer requiring registration or limiting participation. Anyone in the Google Group will be able to download and play the pre-release on Google Play.

The iOS8 update broke all of our games. No biggie, not many people play our games on iOS. But we can't leave our fans hanging even when they are few and so we fixed the problem. While we were at it, we went ahead and added some new content, because WHY NOT!?

We want to test the new stuff before going live, so we're opening up a public test run on Android. It isn't live YET (probably Friday evening). To get the game (when it is ready), join our Google+ Community for public testing. This will grant you access to the test version through Google Play.

Patch 1.3.0 "PETEMARE"
Currency UpdatesGrubby now accepts doubloons for artifacts & weapons, instead of orbs.You can now convert your orbs directly into Doubloons at the in-game shop.New Game ModesBy request, you can now kill pete TWO MORE TIMES! "Petemare" and "Pete's Reckoning" game modes have been added to the game.New MasteriesI AM THE NIGHT: Defeat Pete in Petemare mode. Choose between:Shadow: +10% Run Speed, +25% dodge speedMoonfall: +30% smash damage, +20% crit damageHELLACIOUS: Defeat Pete in Pete's Reckoning.No Rest: -10% Smash Cooldown, -1 Sec Bubble Recharge, -20% Spin Attack Charge TimeHot blooded: Increases your Rampage duration by 30%New Upgrade TiersAll upgrades can now be leveled up to Tier 9 (up from 6) to better equip players to handle Pete's return. The upgrade orb cost algorithm will remain the same (cost doubles every tier), and all upgrades up to tier 6 have been left as they were. This means the orb prices for each upgrade tier are (1) 300... (2) 600... (3) 1200... (4) 2,400... (5) 4,800... (6) 9,600... (7) 19,200... (8) 38,400... (9) 76,800Bug FixesGoing to the main menu and coming back no longer heals you to full health.Artifacts no longer drop XP and orbs when you buy them from Grubby, because... that totally wasn't supposed to happen.GeneralThe "warp hole" as explained by Grubby has now become the "Warp sphincter." Enjoy.Effect UpdatesTightened up the attack animation to make it feel more punchy.Enemies now flash in a cool way when you hit them, rather than turning dark red.Lasers have been updated to be more awesome and lasery.All explosive particle effects have been replaced with hand-drawn explosions.Damage text that pops off enemies has been made more... DRAMATIC.UI UpdatesRemoved the daily slap. No more bribing people to come back!The top mastery of the Masteries page is now expanded by default, to make the whole system more intuitive.The option to jump ahead to 500 meters for 50 doubloons has been removed from the game mode selection screen.

WOOOHOOOO!

The combat feels so much more punchy now. You're going to love it.

HELL YES IT DOES. Just played the crap out of it this morning.

Added more stuff to patch notes (new upgrades and masteries)

Woahhhhhh. This came out of left field.

INCREDIBLE!! Now Pete comes back to taste more of my bloody tennis racket!

[url=/profile/54/CyberKlown28]CyberKlown28[/url] said:

Woahhhhhh. This came out of left field.

[/quote]
We want to refine and work on the BscotchID system to get all of our players under one roof before we launch Crashlands, so to speak. So that entails hooking it into all our old games, but we figured HEY, why not add some other cool stuff to those games while we're in the neighborhood? BOOM!

v1.3 has been uploaded to Google Play as a beta. If you want in on the beta for the weekend, hope into the Bscotch Early Access G+ community!

https://plus.google.com/communities/100242302839310322509

Here are some first impressions (as supposed by "first impressions" it is not definitive):

- Why not buying stuff in doubloons or orbs (why not leaving people the choice)?
- The new character upgrades are probably [s]way[/s] too costy (in my opinion. 300k orbs weren't enough and it's not given to everyone)
- The new game modes seem way [s]too[/s] really difficult. I mean, I had everything of the previous version, I upgraded at least one level for each characteristic and the game is already way harder than manic mode at 300 hundred meters. It seems pretty hard to beat Pete in those conditions, let appart Pete's Reckoning mode.
- In fact, either the game modes are too difficult or the stuff to buy is too costy (2 doubloons per artifact. It's not given to everyone either)

Other stuff I may have seen:
- Did you remove the daily reward? (not certain about this one)
- Masteries seem to need to be re-selected (not certain either)
- Did you lower the orb loot?
- For the two points above, it may be caused by the update, that may not be taking the previous versions in account.

EDIT (You may read that directly)
I corrected the presentation of my post (my phone doesn't feel like getting on the line under when I told him to, sorry...)
And I'm going to correct my first impressions:

- The new difficulty modes are insanely difficult, but after meditating it, it's really awesome.

- The character upgrades are too costy in the end and may be dissuasive for the players.

- Paying all artifacts in doubloons makes me feel like you are somewhat incitating people to buy doubloons packs. I'm certain that it's not the goal but it seriously reduces the "play everything for free" feeling (even if I have more doubloons than needed so i don't imagine how new players would react). I'm convinced you have a good reason behind it but I'm skeptical. Why not putting both ways of payment, even if orb paying costs more comparatively?

The big thing is that paying like 20 doubloons, or even 5 per run on artifacts (plus resurection sometimes, that you reduced to 5 doubloons) is not possible (even less on the long run), and it seems hard to me to continue without some of them. So it's something like "I need that so much that I'm going to spend my hardly acquired doubloons. It is too usefull for me to continue without buying it"

I hope you understand my point, and I would like to discuss it, to know the reasons behind your choices. That would probably change my point of view :smile:

P.S. I just love the "Kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice, also shame on you." line!
(why not more awesome lines for Grubby?)

Next

Return to Quadropus Rampage