Quadropus Rampage: Petemare

Be a quadropus. Go on a rampage. And then talk about said rampage in this forum!
@scotchste? Thanks for letting us know!

We moved the entire bscotch ID system to a new domain (id.bscotch.net) and so all of the links were broken (including the bug report).

As for ads, we had them turned on regardless of purchases while we were debugging, and it looks like we forgot to turn them back off!

We're preparing the final build RIGHT NOW, intending to get it out on Android tonight, and it should fix both of these problems.

Thanks, look forward to it. Another quickie, at what point does the 500m race mode unlock?

I believe you have to reach 500 meters first.

Wasn't the goal to access 500m race to beat Pete?
Now that I think about it, I don't have access to 500m race anymore, even if normal Pete is already dead. With your answer @BscotchSeth? I'm not certain that was a planned change.

CRAP you're right. Submitting quick fix!

Just sent off a patch to Google Play to fix that. Thanks dudes!

Warning! I saw a comment complaining about the fact that every item sold by Grubby is paid in doubloons (see my first post on the topic I think) and that it made it feel "pay to win".
I don't want to stress you, but you should do something about it, eitheir implementing the conversion or making it in orbs again for now or at least a disclaimer (?).
This risks to earn you a bad reputation (if it spreads) and to diminish the success of you upgrading and making everything even more awesome effort.

@Ulnarevern? Thanks for the heads-up, but we'll see how things play out for a while longer yet. We knew that some people would be pissed about this, and one complaint isn't anything to worry about. If you look through the reviews and comments, you'll find thousands of complaints!

We do have the conversion already implemented, so no biggie!

To further clarify on the orbs/doubloons thing, here's how we see it.

There is now a TON of orbs worth of upgrades because of the 3 new tiers of each track. So much so, that it'd take the average player quite a long time to hit max level on everything. And that's assuming they save all their orbs while playing and never buy pets or anything like that.

So, unfortunately, that also leaves Grubby out of reach of the average player who is saving up to max out her upgrades. So rather than just say, "Meh, I guess you don't get to use Grubby until you're done upgrading!" We opened up the doubloon option. Now you can throw a dollar down and buy something like 30-40 artifacts from Grubby (or 100 weapons) while still saving your orbs for your upgrades. If we hadn't done that, Grubby would effectively no longer be a part of the game.

On the flip side, once you have max upgrades (and therefore have nothing major to spend orbs on), you get orbs very fast (particularly in the harder game modes), and you will be able to convert them into a hefty chunk of doubloons with relative ease.

PreviousNext

Return to Quadropus Rampage