some things that need to be done in my opinion

Flop dat rocket all the way to SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
Yeah, I usually have a heavy hand in the dialogue and tooltips and such in our games. GOOD TO KEEP THINGS LIGHT!

@tofos Agreed that the worm food leaves a little to be desired. Seth is going to try a few things for the next patch to see if we can make it a little more useful.

And, again, NO GUARANTEES :)

You may be sensing a theme here...

i love it!! my god (i dont really have one but for the sake of the expression), you guys are my kinda guys

Just to be clear - I'm far from complaining. Wormfood just doesn't fit my strategy (which apparently is to be the best at killing heroes before reaching space :D). Of course I can see some perks like EXPLOSIONS and some extra money. Though, looking forward for that not guaranteed patch :)

BTW, what causes worm to start appearing? Is it distance from rocket? Is it possible that it differs for different screen sizes?

I believe they're on a timer that starts the moment the worm mount becomes visible (Seth may correct me here). If so, then on a wider screen you'd end up eating more of the timer before you got to the worm, making it more difficult to pass overhead before it comes out.

One of the many issues that come from making a game playable on EVERY DEVICE ON THE PLANET!

Worms start to appear when the rocket gets close, but all devices have the same width of screen space (we fixed the horizontal resolution of the game), so you can't get a benefit by being on a device with higher resolution.

We've talked over the worm food, and we think we'll rename it to "Worm Shield" -- it'll basically be like having dynamite strapped to your rocket. If you bang into a worm and you have a Worm Shield, the worm will explode instead of dealing damage to you, consuming the Worm Shield.

So, no more wasting WF? Sounds good!

YUP! It'll be a bit more active to use, though.

Guys, you are the best! And I really mean it. Worm Shield is a great idea and you came with that so fast. I know exactly how rethinking ideas look like in many companies, and I'm really amazed of what you're doing here. Can't believe there are only three of you.

But still, no one commented on my suggestion to share money between all your games. The more I think about it, the more I like that idea. But if there is some hidden "no way", shoot me (in the face!) :D

HEY THANKS! We try to keep development pretty nimble over here. The reason we can totally change a game design or the company's direction in MERE MOMENTS is BECAUSE there are only 3 of us. When we want to change something, we confer for seconds to hours (depending on the issue) and then just change it. DONE. No managers to get in the way. Plus, we never ask "Wouldn't it be cool if..." but instead "WON'T IT BE COOL WHEN..."

ANYWAY, as for that currency question:

There are a few reasons that are sufficiently ass-paining to prevent us from going through the effort:

1. Hackers. These jerks ruin everything for everyone. There are hacked versions of Flop Rocket and Quadropus, for example, allowing indefinite coins. By keeping our game economies separate we reduce the impact of hacking on BscotchID as a whole.

2. Unit conversion. This is the more important problem. While we use Juice in most/all games and some form of coins in many others, we'd have to come up with conversion rates between each game and currency type. Currency gains tend to behave quite non-linearly in games (especially when a player has maxed out all upgrades in one game and so begins to amass currency), meaning that there is tremendous inflation within a game that is specific to that game and the player's progress within it. We have to tweak currency drops quite a bit per game in order to make the experience feel good and balanced, and creating a system that maintains cross-game balance would be super difficult.

3. Wherever "premium" currency is involved, this would be against the rules. Though we're phasing out IAP of in-game currency, Quadropus is stuck that way forever. We can't let players buy IAP in one game and use it in another, since that's a form of "bundling" in iTunes distribution terms that we agree to.

In the end, it's one of those things that sounds awesome, in the same way that cheats (like infinite coins) sound awesome, but in reality it would break the gameplay experience be screwing with progression.

PreviousNext

Return to Flop Rocket