[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Butterscotch Shenanigans Forums • View topic - Beginners guide - Refuelling places

Beginners guide - Refuelling places

Flop dat rocket all the way to SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

We all know you have the world record or close to :P

Here is my proposition based on your value:

In endless it seems to be (more or less) every ~220-250 meters or something.
There are probably two main ways they might have used to deal with refuels:
- Random value around a fixed distance (like, a refuel place at 100 +/- 10 meters for the beginning, and every 200-250 meters for most of them)
- Random value based on the previous refuel place

I personally would guess that it is the second option. Whoever likes Excel can compute some stuff to determine the (relative) regularity of the refuel place.

Adam said it's fixed, but sometimes it's a little bit off. I'd say it's because how the world generate.

As far as I know, fixed, but they have to follow some rules like not being too close to stalactites and stuff. So they start out in a specific fixed location and then get jiggled until they obey the rules.

Well, I didn't say it was perfect!

This explains a lot of things!
The imperfection concerning the stalactites may depend on how you handle them. Do you take one arbitrary point of it or the whole width in account?
Do you scale the same stalactite and it takes only one size in account?
This is probably the main possibilities. However, these are questions based on a supposition.

Why is this post sticky? We all know the only purpose of it is to tickle Etrusan's vanity :p

Je plussoie :P

(for those who don't know it's a stupid thing from a website's forum in France which means "+1")

Guys dont you see the top? Its obviously not about bragging, Its a beginners guide!

Next

Return to Flop Rocket