Flop Rocket v2.0 Early Access

Flop dat rocket all the way to SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
UPDATE: We've uploaded the test version to Google Play (you must be part of the Early Access community to try it)!

We've wrapped up a huge overhaul of Flop Rocket, so that it has been converted from the Mini it once was into a full game in its own right. We finished development of BscotchID version 1 at the same time, and the two are tightly integrated. This does mean that a lot of testing will be needed, and so we have just launched the Early Access version via Google Plus.

We're also beginning to move away from the Free to Play model towards something that is both fair to us and our players. That starts with Flop Rocket, which will effectively be "Free to Try" with limited upgrade tracks and ads in the free version and access to all content without ads (including web syncing of progress and access to cross-game Perks via BscotchID) in the paid version. For the testing period we'll be dropping the price to $0.99 to thank you for your patience and assistance with the inevitable bugs and crashes that will appear. We'll also be giving away up to 50 copies for free shortly after testing begins, so if you can't spare the dollar you may get a freebie! The free upgrades will be randomly chosen by a computer program after weighting each player (who hasn't yet paid) by the number of friends in their BSID friends list, the number of messages they've sent to those friends, and the number of useful bug reports they've submitted.

Sam posted an article on the topic, check it out!

Sounds great :) really curious what 2.0 will look like!

I'm willing to invest in your games but I have one question: do you have any idea of the price of your upcoming games (and revamps)?

In other words, should I invest in a 15 or 25€ google play card? And what about potential (future) PC releases?

Also, will you rework Extreme Burger Defense and Goopidemic to make it available one day or another?

I'm willing to invest in your games but I have one question: do you have any idea of the price of your upcoming games (and revamps)?
[/quote]No guarantees, but right now we're probably going to be looking at $2.99 for Flop Rocket, $1.99 for Roid Rage, $4.99 for Towelfight, and $11.99 for Crashlands. We'll be leaving Quadropus as-is, because its financial model is baked into the game pretty hard.

And what about potential (future) PC releases?[/quote]Unfortunately we can't have cross-platform sales, so if you want to play Crashlands on both PC and Android (for example), you'd need to buy it on both. We don't really want to do it that way, but each platform has rules about these things. BUT... It's possible that we could distribute PC versions on our own web site and allow you to connect them to your BscotchID that way. It's all kinda up in the air at the moment!

Also, will you rework Extreme Burger Defense and Goopidemic to make it available one day or another?[/quote]We've got no plans for these games, although they're pretty nuts. Hard to say!
We'll be posting a "Roadmap" pretty soon on our blog, so people can see what our plans are going to be over the next 6 months or so. We've got a lot coming down the pipe!

No guarantees, but right now we're probably going to be looking at $2.99
for Flop Rocket, $1.99 for Roid Rage, $4.99 for Towelfight, and $11.99
for Crashlands. We'll be leaving Quadropus as-is, because its financial
model is baked into the game pretty hard.
[/quote]
Okay so more like 25€ :smile:

Unfortunately we can't have cross-platform sales, so if you want to play
Crashlands on both PC and Android (for example), you'd need to buy it
on both.
[/quote]
I can't be sure yet, but I feel like buying it two times would be a good way to say thanks for the countless hours I spent on your games, since I'm not part of the players that actively bring you money (NOT YET).

We've got no plans for these games, although they're pretty nuts. Hard to say!
[/quote]
I kinda liked EBD. It was full of problems but kinda fun to play and Goopidemic looked really interesting. That's sad. But Crashlands ad Narwhal will be better!

We'll be posting a "Roadmap"
[/quote]
Woohoo!
I'll be able to stop asking questions about it then.

I browsed through a dozen comments for Flop Rocket and I noticed something: if you ever happen to do game jams, you may have to do a disclaimer WITH A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CAPSLOCK so that people won't rage against your minis. They give you bad comments for nothing and you're at 3.9 on Flop Rocket and I find this sad...

But you were probably aware of this (I mean, the old version [I'm going to test the new one] was fun, even more when ou knew that it was a 48h max game)

We've decided to stop reading Google Play reviews :smile:

On a similar note, we found that the anonymous Bug Report button that was temporarily in Quadropus Rampage was completely useless. The only things that people reported were complaints (not bugs). So we removed that function (one of the reasons we can't have nice things). In contrast, the nonymous reports from e.g. Crashlands alpha and the current Flop Rocket beta have been really constructive. The more anonymous people are and the less they know about us, the more destructive they become!

We've decided to stop reading Google Play reviews Image
[/quote]Good idea indeed. I was just surprised it had "only" 3.9/5.

This is the problem with people I guess... They have no idea of how much work it requires...

In other things, screenshots for a bug that happens in the BScotchID menu (I'll never be able to have any friends D: ):Image

WHAT OH CRAP. I swear I fixed that bug already :disappointed: The fun never ends.

@Ulnarevern? Does this happen with and/or without a web connection?

Next

Return to Flop Rocket