Flop Rocket v2.0 Early Access

Flop dat rocket all the way to SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
@BscotchAdam? With connection apparently.
And without :/

HUM. I'm looking into it. For now, try rebooting the game (force quit from the apps manager even) and see if that resolves it.

I have to add that it worked the first time (but I was unable to ask anyone as friend with a magnificent error message. That can be due to my poor wifi connection at the time). The game still works but I'm unable to use BscotchID.

There is definitely a problem right now with repeated logins. I think I've patched it, but we won't be submitted an update until probably tomorrow. Sorry!

My guess is that something got saved poorly when it tried to download an image. I'll try to make the thing more robust, but in the meantime you could probably fix it by clearing your local data (if you Butter Up and force-sync through the Saves menu, you should be able to recover your progress).

I've made close to no progress (I haven't play 10 minutes of the new version) and I haven't the payments means right now so I don't fear clearing my data :smile:

Clearing the data fixed the problem. It was probably as you supposed, something that didn't load as it should have.

Really enjoying the update, buttered up, played for a good few hours without any issues (except for not being very good at it, practice, practice, practice).

Had a crash once on opening offline but have not been able to replicate, sorry.

Playing on a Nexus 5, running KitKat 4.4.4 and Art, updating to lollipop soon, are your games lollipop compatible?

Only issue, my tablet is a Ployer Mono 20 based on the Allwinner A31 SoC, running 4.2.2 and Flop Rocket doesn't run, just black screens the tablet.

Also are your games compatible with devices (such as the hudl 2 tablet) that use the Intel Atom CPU?

Just tried FR on an old Android 2.3.1 tab, it runs slow but it works. Cloud sync appears to work OK. Minor, not important, point, when playing for the first time on a second device you get the intro sequence again and settings are not synched.

Finally, love the update and look forward to the next games.

Thanks for all the info, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! I had to play for quite some time before I could make it very far. Now I almost always get past 500m and regularly get 800-1500m. @BscotchSeth? is currently the ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD who has gotten to space.

As for all of those devices, the short answer is that I have no idea! We only test on our own devices, which are run-of-the-mill factory-standard and common devices. There are over 7000 Android devices, and so all we can say is when we know our games don't work on a given platform (and that's only after players report crashes to us).

Here are some ideas/remarks:
- Why don't you add an option to play the intro again? (it just made me laugh and I would like to watch it again if possible and it may be fun to show to our friends). The cutscene is awesome by the way
- Why not make it feel extra juicy when people butter up, with a cutscene for an example (maybe I've missed it though)?
- Would it be possible to categorize upgrades (rocket, collectibles, stuff)?
- I have a crash when the game tries to synchronize data while I'm offline (I'll try to post the screenshot here when I can)
- I fear that upgrading the Agility may make the game harder. That's a personal feeling but on my small screen with the previous version this was a nightmare to do precise moves. So I just don't upgrade it on the new version. I believe it may be particularly related to small screens (mine is 4' is think)
- The buttered up game seems pretty easy? (I'm not able to give a real feedback on this I haven't played enough)
- I have huge framerate loss when an earthworm goes out of the soil. By itself it's not a problem (more time to react) but when the framerate returns to it's normal state it is surprising and may cause crashes and rage. It also gets slower when the Duck Cannon fires but it's not too much of a problem

I think that is all for now :)

Had the crash on opening offline again and ingame, also whilst offline.

PreviousNext

Return to Flop Rocket