Flop Rocket v2.0 Early Access

Flop dat rocket all the way to SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
@Ulnarevern? Thanks for the feedback! The particle effects from the cannon may be what causes that to drop your framerate, though I don't know why the worm does. We'll take a look at optimizing those a bit more. The agility option also feels quite different depending on your control scheme. For me, higher agility helps a lot with the swipe controls (but I agree that it can make the tap controls harder). As for the Buttered Up part being easier, all I can say is I've played the crap out of it and have only gotten to 1800m and haven't fully upgraded any tracks. Probably the difference between Buttered Up and free is too large so that the free version is too slow and difficult. We'll take a look at the balance a bit more.

@scotchste Thanks for the specific bug report! Now I know exactly where the problem is and will get it fixed. We'll roll out a patched version by tomorrow night (hopefully along with BSID-integrated Roid Rage!) Sorry that this will mess up your offline play!

Thanks for buttering me up :) ... kind a feel guilty now though... well guess i will just invest in another one of your games when i get a giftcard. So far the game ran pretty smoothly and i haven't experienced any bugs or lags.

@bsb333? There will be PLENTY of opportunities for you to give us money :wink:

We won't miss it :)

And another thing that crossed my mind is that you might wanna make a bs money bank for free version players and once the butter up the get all the money they would have made with the double coin value. I don't know if that would help sales but i thought that maybe people would be more willing to upgrade if the see the amount of money the miss out on...

@bsb333? Interesting idea! You just earned that free Flop Rocket upgrade, so now you definitely have no reason to feel guilty!

[url=/profile/228/bsb333]bsb333[/url] said:

And another thing that crossed my mind is that you might wanna make a bs money bank for free version players and once the butter up the get all the money they would have made with the double coin value. I don't know if that would help sales but i thought that maybe people would be more willing to upgrade if the see the amount of money the miss out on...

[/quote]
BRILLIANT! Just finished hooking that up. We're calling it the BUTTERBANK.

@Ulnarevern? AWESOME feedback.

I've added a "low graphics" option in the pause menu for the next version. It'll turn off all the particle effects and debris. Unfortunately, there might something more SINISTER at play with your worm lag, but this might help a tad.

@BscotchAdam? In fact I use the sidewheel controls and it is more a fear of having the same problem as the previous version. I'll try to upgrade agility on this version and I'll tell you if it is annoying on my small screen.

A way to prevent that possibility may be to be able to personalize the characteristics of the rocket?
That would, once again, be a lot of work but that could be fun, like being able to modify the agility bonus and the thrust bonus.

And even better (this is only a kind of unrealistic suggestion) would be to make the player able to customize completely the rocket, like once a thing is fully upgraded (or not), we can choose to modify the effects.
EXAMPLE the armor thing (I've the fifth upgrade bought so I'll do from here), choose between 6 max armor and 2 starting or 3 max armor and 3 starting, and switching would cost money (so we will keep a little use of it even after buying all the upgrades). The same goes with fuel (smaller tank and better refuel and vice-versa).
Or you can even imagine getting better thrust at the expense of a painfully degraded agility. This is an example.
That would probably require a re-balance (or maybe not if planned really smartly, but I can't help) and a huge lot of work, but it's worth writing the idea just in case.

About the difficulty... It's probably because I was used to the previous version that was more... messy (?). And I felt like the upgrades were pretty easy to get but in fact I was completely wrong.

@BscotchSeth?
Woohoo thanks I'll tell you how it works :smile: (it was really a light lag with the duck cannon though but it may also help with the worm)

The worm lag is weird indeed. I don't know if it is the particles when it gets in and out the top and bottom.
It may also be the animation of it or a huge resolution for the sprite (that is unlikely) or a computation of pixel perfect collision that runs incorrectly
Or basically any effect that consumes a certain amount of computations that would run even if not needed.

P.S. My crash was the same as @scotchste? but you know what is the problem :)

If anyone (like me) needs some bscotch id friends feel free to add me. My id is the same as my name here so: bsb333

PreviousNext

Return to Flop Rocket