Flop Rocket v2.0 Early Access

Flop dat rocket all the way to SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
Sounds like the best fix for black holes. I just want to play Crashlands haha.

@bsb333 Which perk did you unlock that you can't see?

@sam One of them i think i got after i did mission where you have to kill the ducks with your dragon. I think I got another one later but I don't know what it was. And another one that i got for doing something that I want to tell if you haven't got it yet

@BscotchAdam? will you leave some secret even when they are put in place? Because i don't think you should hint towards the one too much (easy to get when you know how to get it but if not...) And also how much hidden ones are there right now cause i have to get out there and find them?^^

We'll definitely have some real hidden ones in there. At the moment there are 40 planned Perks between the first 4 games (Flop Rocket, Roid Rage, Towelfight2 and Quadropus). None of them are hidden on purpose (the ones you've been seeing are "inactive" since they don't exist in the other games yet). In each game, you'll only see the Perks that are unlocked in or by that game. There are 5 Perks unlocked by Flop Rocket (you can see 3) and 4 unlocked by BSID (you can see 2, and one of the others is impossible to get until more games have active BSID integration).

Well guess my mind played a trick on me when i thought i got three "hidden" ones in flopp rocket. Guess that means i have all of them right now :)

@bsb333 what dragibwell at this point I'm probably not going to get them, or I got them and I don't remember haha. Guess I'll find out eventually...

@sam well (if i actally underatand how i got the second one) i will tell you as much as that: You get it for doing something that you can do the first time you play it but you wouldn't normally do ^^

WELL HEY the beta of Roid Rage is about to go live so maybe you'll get to try out some of these Perks!

:D

About the beta of Roid Rage (and Flop rocket too for the next part): do you plan leaving some unlocks?
I mean, the problem is that players will have difficulties feeling the use of spending money to unlock content if they don't get what the content is. For Roid rage that may be the first vessel. The same goes for BScotchID: if it's fully locked, players *may* be unable to understand how awesome cross content is.
Plus, as it's set up now, aren't we kinda "forced" to buy both games to use the unlocked content in one game in the other game? I'm not sure of this one though I can't verify it (I don't think I have unlocked content in Flop Rocket for Roid rage)

I hope this is understandable :)
And the new roid rage is really nice :D (but maybe not as raging as the previous version)

Of course, none of these games were designed with BscotchID in mind, so we're trying to figure out how to make it work. The purchasing model we're trying to switch to is more like it used to be (and still is on PC) where you buy something once and then get all the stuff in it by learning how to be good at the game. And so instead of putting out games that are fully accessible for free and begging people to support us by buying things in-game that they don't need, or by buying cheats and consumables, we'll be putting out paid games that have free demo versions (non-buttered up) so that players can decide if they want the game or not.

Since we added so much content to Flop Rocket the problem was easy. We could just lock most of that content behind the Buttered Up purchase and the free version of the game still has more content than the original game in its entirety. For Roid Rage, which is a smaller game with a lot less content, the decision is not so clear. We were debating a few models, including that the game would stay as-is but with the in-app purchases removed, where buying BscotchID would remove ads and give access to all BscotchID features. The other model is the current one, where we lock ships behind that purchase as well. We actually have a pretty strong internal disagreement about this choice!

While you put "forced" in quotes, you didn't need to; we are forcing people to buy both games to access the perks! The Perks system is part of the paid-for game, and so any player who wants to use a particular perk will need to purchase both games to do so. It totally makes sense if you don't start with the premise that games should be free. It's really easy to start with that premise on mobile because the platform has been so deeply screwed up by the model.

The idea is that by buying into BscotchID the value of all of your games goes up over time. Every time we add a new game with Perks going to and from other games, all games become more interesting. And note that we will not set up Perks that are in any way required for balanced gameplay, so that you will never have to buy a game you don't want to successfully play a game that you like.

PreviousNext

Return to Flop Rocket