Space: the final frontier?

Flop dat rocket all the way to SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
Made it! 500+ heroes later...ah well, as that one guy who finally made it to space said: "Great gains cannot come without great sacrifices!" In other news, the grieving widows of the dead cavenauts have sued the government for gross negligence and stupidity. Their spokesperson released a statement earlier today: "I mean, come on! Building your launch pad in a cave? Who does that?"

The cost of greatness is great, indeed.

Tell us, but don't spoil for others, how'd the end make you FEEL!?

WHO DOES THAT?

Will. Will does that.

"MAAAAAAAN! WE MADE IT! WE REALLY MADE IT!"

"SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE! I'm in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!"

"Mom? Guess from where I call!"

"I finally see the infinite darkness of space, lit by a BIG BUNCH OF STARS. I'm in SPAAAAAAAAAACE!"

"Oh right I completely forgot that mom died in the 349th
rocket crash. Dang. I'm sad"

"Can you believe it?"

"Hardly. By the way, be prepared."

"Whut?"

"We are facing a freakin' huge lot of ROIDS!"

"Oh well. I don't care I'm in SPAAAAAAAACE!"

About the end... I was so happy to get from 2,5km to 5km that I found the end seriously cool. I had a freakin' adrenaline rush. And I made it after 123 unsuccessful runs. Don't know if it's good or not.

That is pretty dang good indeed! And good -- we wanted it to take HUNDREDS of tries so that by the time you see your rocket emerging from the giant roid... you'll be like, :*)

I was really like " :*) "

It was like 11p.m, I was tired as hell and hopeless (did a few bad runs right before) and then... 2.5km... 3km... OH MY GOOOOOD!!! 4km... WHAT THE HELL? 4.5km... World is too beautiful, I'm gonna crash at 4.950... 4.950 OGMOMGOGM!!!... 5km I CAN SEE THE LIGHT! HOLLY HELL I SEE THE LIGHT I'M GONNA DIE!

That pretty sum up how I felt. I was pretty ecstatic at the end and I had a kinda ridiculous adrenaline rush. By the way I didn't feel like I did "only" 120 runs. I'd have said 200+
And I'm honestly surprised I managed to get a "good score" with my setup (seriously my phone has weird behaviors sometimes).
@BscotchSeth How many runs did it take for you?

Hard to say, since I killed myself hundreds of times while testing various features. I think in the end it was about 250 legit attempts or so.

Oh ok :smile:

It took me 224 but I would suicide if there was a mission I didn't like or if I got frustrated haha.

Next

Return to Flop Rocket