[Crashlands] Game Crashes even with Dev fix.

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
My game still constantly crashes instantly when i run it, beta thing set to "opt out", tried running as admin, restarting steam and comp, reinstalling game, nothing works...
Last edited by tofos on 21 Jan 2016 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to the right place

You are on Windows?

Yeah i am on windows, can send a screenshot of what happends if youd like?

Sure thing! Does it boot up at all? Does it give you any error messages?

It doesnt boot up, i go to my steam library, press play, it comes up with a blank white window and instantly says "Crashlands has stopped working" with the options to debug or close. Windows 10 btw.

This is a screenshot of the bug - http://imgur.com/gallery/Y5K586I/new

Would just like to note I appreciate your guys responsiveness and respect the fact that the game just came out, you guys are doing great.
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 21 Jan 2016 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Triple post

Thanks! We just want to make sure everyone's able to get in and have a good time! There's only a few of us, so your patience as we fix things is definitely appreciated. :D

NOW, LET'S GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BUG! Do you have any accented characters in your Windows username?

Do you mean the username I use to log in to my desktop? That would be a no since its just simple "Paul" xD

Is it possible i dont have all the files downloading properly? THe file size is 170MB just to confirm.
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 21 Jan 2016 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed double post

You definitely have all the files...

WAIT. Do you have any Antivirus software running?

I dont use active anti virus software, i just scan regularly, so unfortunately that cant be it either :/
I am currently attempting to install the game on my hard drive rather than my ssd just to see what happens, ill let you know.
Unfortunately it doesnt help, just makes the crash happen slower because the HD isnt as fast xD

All good sorry for that :)
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 21 Jan 2016 15:44, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Hey AcidiK, please use the "Edit" button (top right of each post) rather than double or triple posting :)

I'm wondering if something weird happened on first load...

Try going to the folder where the game's data is stored, and clearing all the contents. The folder should be at:

C:/Users/[You]/AppData/Local/Crashlands

Next

Return to Crashlands Gameplay