Ep 58 - Guerilla Gorilla Gorilla

Listen to the podcasts and read the blog!
We chat about all the rabbits we had to murder to get the easter eggs for the new website. We also do a design critique of this weird new e-sport called "Soccer," and ponder the Olympians' prisoner's dilemma.

https://soundcloud.com/butterscotch-shenanigans/ep58

Whaddya think, y'all?

I think you guys should revisit the prisoner's dilemma in next week's episode so as to un-confuse your poor listeners :-)

The cops have no admissible evidence, but tell the each suspect (in isolation), "The other guy's going to rat on you, and so he's going to get a reduced sentence and because you're denying it you're going away for a long, long time." If both keep their mouth shut, there's not enough evidence to convict and they both go free. But each guy is afraid that the other is going to talk in order to get the reduced sentence, which would leave him with a long, long sentence, so even though it's in their best interest to shut up and walk, they often crack and both end up confessing and going to jail for the reduced sentence. (This is why you need to understand the prisoner's dilemma BEFORE you get caught and you spit-shake on not saying a word to the fuzz. :dealwithit: )

Guess you beat me to it AlanFalcon! Started writing a similar response but once I was done yours was already there...

Ho HO! THAT MAKES MORE SENSE, DOESN'T IT?

Yeah I was pretty sure we were totally off on that...

The soccer segment was hilarious.

Totally agree with Kevin, would love to see this as a recurring feature - and not necessarily just with mainstream sports!

Return to Podcast and Blog Discussion