Ep 59 - Follicle Innovation

Listen to the podcasts and read the blog!
Shi explodes out of the training dungeon, DESTROYING IT COMPLETELY, just to join the podcast once again. We talk hip-shakin' Quadropi, the all-new Crashlands opera, and the ability to destroy an entire operating system in just ten keystrokes.

https://soundcloud.com/butterscotch-she ... innovation

WOOHOO

"Use SQL to corrupt their database" was hilariously bad*. Being in Vegas, it was also great to walk out of the movie and just listen to everyone breaking down the ridiculousness of the chase scene's geography.

And I'd put my money on "rm - rf /*" over the virtual sledgehammer.

*I've heard that for the 90's "Hackers" movie, they hired an actual hacker consultant to get the lingo right and he decided to troll the heck out of them (and of course they had no idea) which is just great.

Whoa, that comic's app sounds really cool. Will there be a printed version of comics ever?
Also, by ARG, I meant Alternate Reality Games.They are more like real world puzzles. For example, there's this game called Frog Fractions. (Which by the way everybody should play, it's free online and takes maybe an hour. It's really funny and crazy. It's an edutainment game.) Frog Fractions 2 was Kickstarted, by in the Kickstarter video and in other places, the devs hid clues that lead to really crazy code solving and finding secret websites etc. They even hid images or something in the audio of a podcast the dev does.
I was thinking that with all of the Bscotch products, it would be interesting if something was hidden in the games, podcast, site, etc. that would lead to something cool. It would probably be pretty hard to set up, but just a thought I had.
This has nothing to do with AR, (augmented reality) which is putting something on top of the real world using your phone camera or something else. I gues Pokemon Go could fit in both categorizes, both putting creatures in the real world using the phone camera, and setting up a game set in the real world.

I see there is some speculation as to why I've taken up the pastime of shaming spuds, the intrigue is rather well deserved. It came about when I was in the forest performing demonic hippie rituals with some friends of mine, and we found these little tiny (wild potatoes?) laying all about. Being slightly larger than golf balls we took to creating mayhem with said tubers. Chaos ensues, a couple people get punched in the eyeballs, and we end up with several people bringing shame upon some poor spuds in the woods. :evil:

@AlanFalcon, I love that explanation of why Hackers is so bad. That makes it SO GOOD.

@Kevin888, we're still figuring out the printed comic situation. We're still figuring out the merch situation on the whole, honestly. We'll squawk about stuff when we start making progress, I'm sure. Also, sorry for screwing up the ARG terminology! That makes a lot of sense. (I met one of the Frog Fractions guys at E3, and he gave me a piece of FF2 and my mind went KBSHHHWHHOOOO). I love the idea of leading fans on a goose chase through Bscotch stuff.

@Spud-Shamer those poor tubers :<

@bscotchcarol Not gonna lie, Hackers is probably my favorite bad movie. Hack the planet!

Well, the app for your lore and comics and stories seem pretty good to me since it'll be accessible to anyone.
For the "it opens stuff automatically", you'd just need a warning/option to deactivate it. I'm definitely interested in that

The opera has to happen or even just a little random sainete would work

Return to Podcast and Blog Discussion