[Addressed] Could not retrieve campaign information..

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Installed from Google play store and cannot play. Keeps saying no internet. Reinstalled, cleared cache of game no joy. Uninstalled and tried again, nothing. Seriously dissapointed. HTC One M8 android 4.2.2

Well that's a new one to me. Especially after a reinstall. @bscotchseth this is your domain? Had this one crop up before?

This error only comes from three things:

1) If you have a save that is using a more up-to-date story file than what comes with the game (which shouldn't happen -- the current game has the up-to-date story).

2) If there is something weird about the working directory URL where your files are. For example if you have managed to change the default working directory, the game might not be able to save any files.

3) We discovered that Android sometimes fails to write files. We have no idea why -- it seems to be some RAM issue coupled with our game engine. You may be seeing that message because your game is repeatedly failing to move a copy of the story file to the appropriate place (which is the first thing that happens when you run the game the first time).

Here's what I would try, in order, to see if I could get it to work:

1) If you are using a non-standard directory for saves, stop doing that (may be the case for modded/rooted Android);

2) Clear as much RAM as possible, and then try PLAY-ing a few more times. If Android is just screwing up the file write, it will probably get it to work on one of the attempts.

3) Log in with BscotchID. This won't actually solve the problem, but if you have trouble logging in it might help figure out what the problem IS.

So this is LONG past due, but it turned out what was wrong with my setup was the fact that I had turned off trust for the CA that BS used on their content delivery server. I work in Cyber security, so I keep a tight lock down on which Certificate authorities I trust. Hong Kong post office? No thank you! So I performed a network capture of my phone's traffic when trying to download the server content and realized that it was being blocked because of the root CA.

So this was a problem few probably have, but just figured I could close the loop here.

Our CA is now Let's Encrypt. We dropped our last one because it got into trouble with Google and they dropped support for it in the most recent Chrome.

Previous

Return to Crashlands Gameplay