[Addressed] FPS drop @ night (galaxy tab 3)

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
First of, great work on the click mechanism it's awesome. Waiting for the Steam release.

Kepe ik going guys.

Issue:
It seems that once it turns night time, the game seems to be losing FPS/slowing down. Mind me it's not game breaking, it's still playable, but it's definitly noticable.

Regards,

Ralphios

@bscotchseth wasn't this a Beta bug that you found and 'fixed'? Is the Borkfixer in need of a raise again already? Sheesh, pushy mechanic.

I think this is more of a gamemaker/"postprocess" problem. I had those slowdowns on Alpha, it got better in the beta. I experience them in Quadropus while rampaging but it got way better after an update, same for Flop Rocket and Cave worms.
It is probably some render effect that is heavy on some computations or something like that and/or a lack of optimization from GameMaker... I don't think there's much the bros can do about it sadly

It seems to be coming from the Glutterflies, when they spawn my fps drops, and when the morning comes and the last one is out of my field of view, the FPS goes up, it's really noticable.

We can definitely take a peek at this to make sure the Glutterflies aren't doing anything crazy. If so, we'll have it fixed!

Hi Seth,

No behavior is normal for as far I have seen any streams or youtubers in the last week.

Playing on my pc as well, no fps drop there, it seems to be isolated to my tablet, not tried it on my Galaxy S4 phone though.

Regards,

Ralphios

EDIT: Confirmed, galaxy S4 phone no FPS drop @ night or having Glutterflies in screen.
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 22 Jan 2016 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double posting and use the Edit button (top right corner of all of your posts) :)

Probably a lower-end GPU problem!

A few things you can do to alleviate the FPS a bit via the Settings page from the Main Menu:
- Reduce the game's field of view
- Turn off high-quality shaders

Return to Crashlands Gameplay