[Crashlands] Game Crashes even with Dev fix.

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
i made it partially work!
here's all i did today:
first i tried installing directx:
..\steamapps\common\crashlands\_commonredist\directx\jun2010\DXSETUP.exe
(with no success)
after that i opened the properties of crashlands.exe inside ..\steamapps\common\crashlands and checked "force 640x480 res" and "run as admin"
IT WORKED!
after that i was able to uncheck those options and the game launched anyway.
now the problem is that both in full screen and in windowed mode, the game cuts part of the screen.. well here's some img:
http://i.imgur.com/fwm69XX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KHMJWqN.jpg
i just need to know how to change the resolution now if someone knows how to ;)

@bscotchAdam @bscotchseth this really sounds like that resolution-related thing I posted in the wrong topic...
Resolution-related problem!

iPad pro has problem and exotic resolution. Other phones with exotic resolutions (or phone/OS combo) may have the same problem (so ask people with the problem about their resolution).
PLUS on my phone, the game resolution isn't my native screen resolution!
I also had the problem when copy-pasting Dark Messiah from one PC to another. My second PC could not handle the resolution and it just crashed like that.

You should really dig in that direction!

What setup do you have @redort (resolution/screens-wise)

WHAAAT!

You should be able to change to change the resolution inside the game by going to the settings page and changing the field of view. Although if you're doing some kind of "Forced" resolution, I'm not sure if the game can override it...

Those of you who have opted out of the Steam Beta -- are you on a Windows user account with a non-ASCII character in it?

wow i didn't see the field of view option!
now it's working like a charm!

so after all i only had to force the lower resolution and re-set it in the options :)

btw my steam name has only ascii characters and i opted-out from steam beta, my problem was totally related to resolution i suppose.

So there's definitely a resolution problem somewhere.

Hey there
I tried anything you sayd but my game shuts down without a crash report all the time.
I mean, I'm getting to the Start-screen where you press play or log in or stuff.
after loggin in the game says something similar to: loading files. than it crashes.
I played on an other computer befor on the same account and there it is still working but on this computer it isn't.
tried it with firewall down or anything but didn't work. so where is my problem, what should i do. my username is Johnnys so there is no ÖÜÄé or something.
the steam beta i disabled and reinstalled it many times... so yea.
even playing without an account does not work
btw. its the Windows Version

Johnny! Do you have the contents of the crash report?

@Johnnys
Reinstalling the game can usually fix that kind of problem (or clearing game files, but on PC I don't know which ones should be deleted). Did you try that too?

I format my laptop , reinstal game five times , change resolution and nothing works. The Game still closing every time in main menu.When i logout BscothID
,game no closing every time and when i hit the play buton i have this
http://imgur.com/Z0MQqkU

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands Gameplay