[Open] Fullscreen doesn't run smooth

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Sorry, should be fixed now. Thanks for taking a look.

You fixed it?

SOrry, the youtube, I guess I should have been more clear.

I have also tried:
Compatibility Mode - Win7 and Win8.

Anyone else having this problem? If so, chime in on this thread and we can try to get to the bottom of it!

It seems that Win10 is often linked to some bugs... Aren't there any known issues with GameMaker x Win10?
Do you use the multiple desktop functions, what about Cortana and stuff like that?

I did turn off cortana, thinking it could have had something to do with it, didn't make a difference.

And are you like on a another desktop screen or something like that?
Win10 has that possibility. This has NO REASON to be an issue but still.

It looks like i've pinpointed the issue. I disabled the output to my second screen (TV) and it seems to work fine now. It's not a big deal for me as I don't use my TV as output very much, but I imagine many people have multi-screen setups now, so you may want to look into what you can do about this, though i imagine it's an engine issue (gamemaker), more so than the game code.

EDIT:
Further testing shows, it's only broken when the multiple displays are "Duplicated". When extended, seems to work fine as well.

Odd... guess it's a weird game maker quirk!

Previous

Return to Crashlands Gameplay