[Open] Thieves ransacked base? All items missing

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
This is a crosspost from Reddit. Linking here for visibility.

OK, so I set my son up with a guest BScotch account on Crashlands. (he's NOT logged in, just using local saves on my tablet)

This morning he says Juicebox has notified him thieves came and stole everything at the the crash site. He has no crafting tools, no house.. nothing!

Is it possible this is a bug and he misread something? Is the game waiting for him to finish a certain quest first? He's upset and I'm confused...

And, yes I purchased the game from the play store and verified my order number to sync saves to the cloud.

(Reddit link)
https://www.reddit.com/r/crashlands/com ... s_missing/

Thanks in advance!
btw, fantastic game!!

I was just going to cross post this. I don't remember this part or the story. Was it added after the first few days of Beta or was I drunk?

Beta tester here.

Not only has no one seen this except your son (apparently), this would be incredibly difficult to implement for the devs. The system they use for the story doesn't really take into account anything the player has made or placed, and definitely doesn't just take things from you out of the blue.

Just because you aren't logged in with BscotchID doesn't mean you have bad things happen to you--it just means you can't cloudsave or get perks.

It could be that your son has experienced the dreaded "west-lands crash" of December 2015.

We -had- a bug where flooring would disappear, but only on the West (left) side of the base. This bug was fixed many weeks ago and I haven't heard of anything since.

Can you log into his account, load up his save, and screenshot his base for us so we can see what's going on? Also details of the device would be handy-dandy as well if possible.

(Am going to comment this on Reddit too, but just to make sure other people see it if they're experiencing the same issue).

Screenshot
http://imgur.com/9W99j6Q

He told me he placed the SSSS SS5 in his base, the base disappeared and along with it went the SS5.

I also noticed he now has 2 ship floor pieces. (I only have one in my game) He picked up the initial one upon relocating the SS5.

Nexus 7 (2012) non-rooted
Lollipop 5.1.1

Okay, yeah. That's definitely a new one. @bscotchseth - check this out please?

Did you check his inventory under the infinity tab for it? It is listed as a workshop/crafting. If he accidentally picked it up then it would automatically be stored in Flux's INFINITE spacesuit pockets!

@FLMorgue - true, but he still shouldn't have two ship floor tiles. You only get one to put your first workstation on. So even if he's picked up everything else, that's definitely a glitch @bscotchseth needs to check into at some stage.

Oh, true. I thought you could craft them but I suppose not. I know theres an option to craft more SS5 stations. My bad :P

Yup, checked it multiple times convinced I missed it. I've even trekked around the places on the map he's been incase he inadvertently created his home base somewhere else.

http://imgur.com/KnAc8Yf

Edit* Thanks again for all the help on this! Maybe in a future update the original SS5 cannot be picked up. You can always create additional SS5s with the first.

Next

Return to Crashlands Gameplay