[Unresolved] iOS + Podcast = Freeze - Odd & reproducible bug

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Platform: iOS 9.0.2
Hardware: iPhone 6S+

Steps to reproduce:
- Set the music volume to 0%
- Start listening to a podcast (I use Overcast, not sure if the player matters)
- Play Crashlands for a bit, and then hit the home button to go back to the iOS home page
- Launch Crashlands again. For me, the game will always be frozen, and not resume. Usually I have to force quit, and relaunch.

Analysis: My guess is that on exit, you guys are releasing control of the iOS audio, but in my case you don't have control. This leads to a deadlock state, where you are waiting for the underlying os to reply back and never does.

This is obviously not a huge deal, as I'm probably one of the few people who listen to podcasts while playing the game, but I figured I would mention it. I can work around it by stopping my podcast before starting and exiting the game. If this is something you'd like to fix, I'm more than happy to run a test build or debug build.
Last edited by MeaKitty on 24 Jan 2016 07:36, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Changed the title to give a little idea about what it is :)

Yeah, sadly this is something that's a symptom of our using Game Maker as an engine. It'll have quirks like this that we can't really fix. :(

Good lord you guys are quick, do you sleep? Do you have intravenous fluids pumped into you while you answer questions and write code?

Anyhow, it's definitely not a big deal. Now... back to playing! :mrgreen:

same thing with my stock podcast app. Is there any work around we should try?

Personally ive just taken to saving and closing the app when i take a break from playing. i agree though not a huge deal i just like to hear u talk ;)

We do not sleep. We do not eat. We do not blink. There is only customer support.

No workaround as far as I know!

I didnt even realise u could leave this game running in the background normally... Music doesnt have to be at 0 i believe, its just user beware if u use podcasts or possibly other audio apps.

The games a steal, i see no reason to complain in any way, other than to inform anyone else on this topic.

Return to Crashlands Gameplay