[Fixed] Hewgo's Supply crates vanished on death

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
IOS:9.2.1
iPhone 6s+

Crashlands 1.0.1
Extra shaders: ON
Field of view: Small

Quest: Crafty Contact - Out of Retirement

I had picked up two of the three crates for this quest. I was killed while standing on bridge between the southernmost building and the right hand room. The two crates I had picked up scattered among the items dropped upon death. Upon my return all three crates were no longer present.

As a result I cannot progress the storyline as Granny prompts me to get the supplies when I talk to her.
-The site of Hewgo's Supply Crates is shown on my map with a golden circle.
-I have tried restarting the game, but the crates have not reappeared.
-I have completed all of the quests for the four other NPCs in Granny's house.

Hoping you can help as I have spent many hours playing so far...

Sounds like you are an unlucky guy... :/
@bscotchseth Deborkifier should be able to fix it (once it's updated), but it'll require a game update :/
You'll have to see with him or Sam I think

Also, good job on the bug report!

What was the time period between the time you died and the time you returned?

This is definitely a real bug, sorry! We're thinking up possible fixes.

GOT SOME FIXES PLANNED! You'll need to be logged in with BscotchID, and after about 12 hours from now if you reboot your game, the new crates should be there. This doesn't solve the problem that they drop when you die and then apparently VANISH, but this should get you by for now!

[EDIT: I lied about the 12-hour thing. While logged in to BscotchID, hit the sync button in the saves page. It should force-update your campaign with the fix.]

Hi, thank you for looking into this, but the fix doesn't seem to have worked.

I closed the game (double poke of the home button, followed by swiping upwards on Crashlands); and the I reopened it, clicked 'saves', and 'force synch'. However the crates are still not there, and Grandma expects me to deliver them to her.

Did your game say "Downloading campaign file..." at the top ever? They would have reappeared in Hewgo's Secret Meeting place, near where they were originally.

Hi,

I just started the game up and synced the save, and the crates are back in their original places. The number of crates counted to 5 (3,4,5) as I picked them up. So it would seem that one of them vanished and he other two had been counted towards the quest's completion.

Thank you for resolving this problem. Best of luck with the success of your game.

Regards
TFerret

Return to Crashlands Gameplay