[Open] Mother Duck - Actual Egg Issue

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Hi, I've been loving this game. Had a question about the "Mother Duck" quest. When I first got the egg , and juice box gave me the recipe for the incubator, I built the incubator and nothing seemed to happen. Tapping on it does nothing and I can't find the egg anywhere in my inventory. I've been killing monsters trying to find a new egg in hopes it would jump start the quest and can't seem to get one, and I'm worried this might block me from completing the quest (or getting pets).

Put the incubator down on the ground.

I did. It's currently in my "house". I tried putting it outside to see if that would work but it would only let me put it on a floor.

Crafting the incubator "consumes" the egg, so it's no longer in your inventory but in the incubator now. Once the incubator's on the ground, using build mode to place it on any floor tile you like, it should have a timer when you slap it. Incubator will work it's magic over about 5 minutes; so go continue with what you're doing, let the incubator work it's magic, and when you come back you can give it a slap and you'll be a Mumma to a new creature.

I'm not sure. The incubator has been placed for a while now and tapping on it gives no reaction. I've tried picking it up and replacing it again and putting it on a different type of floor.

Does a timer still appear when you slap the incubator?

He doesn't even slap it. I tap on it and he doesn't do anything. This is pretty much the rundown:
Picked up egg (I can make a burrito!)
Juicebox gives me the recipe for the incubator.
I return to my home, make the incubator, place it on the ground. Nothing happens.

And whenever I talk to Juicebox, he always keeps telling me to hatch the egg. But there's no egg anywhere. I was hoping I could get a new one but like I mentioned, I'm worried I won't be able to get new eggs (like this is a quest I have to do before I can collecting eggs?) I'd hate to miss out on getting a pet (and getting rid of this quest)

Ok a few questions, 1. is the egg a wompit egg? 2. Did you leave the egg on the ground for 5 minutes without the game on pause? (Meaning either you doing something else, or exiting the game completely?
3. What do you mean you can't slap the egg? Does Flux (who is a girl actually) not make a slapping motion? The incubator should have a timer and the egg should be visible and will shake occasionally.

It's a Wompit egg. The quest had me kill a Wompit and the egg popped out. I can't remember if I picked up the egg on purpose or if it automatically came to me (like most loot). After that, the quest went on and Juicebox gave me the recipe, where I made the incubator and placed it on the ground. By slapping I meant I tried to hit the incubator to see the timer but none came up. Did I miss something?

No, wouldn't be anything you've done. I don't know if there are any known bugs with incubators and their timers. Let me double check with @bscotchseth and/or @bscotchAdam on this one.

Next

Return to Crashlands Gameplay