[Open] Framerate drop on BWF fight

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Hey Guys! I have a problem with the game slowing down (framerate issue?) during the second half of the Baconweed Fairy fight. I posted this on the subreddit as well:

Hey guys! Been playing Crashlands (awesome game btw!) on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8-inch and everything is perfect (aside from the map loading a little slow, which I never really noticed until later and never really bothered me) until I got to the second half of The Baconweed Fairy fight when she starts shooting bubbles all over the place, and the game slows down like bullet-time slow. I tried closing other apps and it still happens. Once, I closed the game and got right back to it and the slow down wasn't noticeable. My theory is that the slowdown happens when I die and go right back to the fight. Also, I am now unable to replicate the slowdown because I beat her on bullet-time after so many tries, LOL. Is this a RAM issue? System shows I have 3GB RAM but I only have 1.1 GB free. Help?

Apologies if someone else has posted this earlier/ or if it has been resolved already, I tried searching but the closest I found was the FPS drop @ night issue with the Galaxy Tab 3 and the solution to that was "Probably a lower-end GPU problem" which I doubt is the issue in my case. Thanks.

Don't think anyone's mentioned this, though were you fighting the Baconweed Fairy during the night? There's been a noted FPS drop when a lot of Gutterflies (who are normally asleep during the day) come out to play. Not sure if this is related or not, but I'm sure Seth will have a better idea of what might be going on here.

From what I can recall, the slowdown happened day OR night. Although it is possible that the fight started before nighttime such that the second half would have been during the night. BUT I have not previously had any sort of problems with Gutterflies.

I already had some issues with framerates with Butterscotch games.
Basically some effects are way more intense on the hardware. Night effect is among that, and it's possible that some effects from the Baconweed fairy are heavy too.

It may also be related to the hardware. Maybe some CPU/GPU have trouble handling the effects

When was your model released?

Released around July/ August 2015... So does that mean I am simply unable to play certain parts of the game properly due to my hardware limitations?

In the game's settings (from the main menu), do you have high-quality shaders on? And what is your field of view?

High-Quality Shaders: Off
Field of View: Small

I've never really touched these, so they are as they were since I started playing.

There's absolutely no reason for it to be not-working...
Huh... Definitely weird.

Somebody on the subreddit said that his nVidia Shield tablet with 2 GB RAM has not had any such slowdown issues. Although, I am definitely not alone, a couple other people said they have experienced the same problems.

All bossfights are a bit RAM and processor intensive, just how badly depends on how many projectiles and stuff they create. The BWF creates A LOT.

Return to Crashlands Gameplay