BUG ?? : Multiple Pet Eggs for Gulanti & Gallum

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
I read through all of the Known Issues and bug reports, and could not find an answer to this. I had already found the egg, and crafted the Gulanti & Gallum pets, when a 2nd egg was collected killing said enemies (so crafted another one). Not sure if this is supposed to happen, or whether it also occurs with the other pets or not (Killed a lot of everything, this only happened on last 2 pets). Was just curious, so thought I'd post screeenshot ...

Seth screwed something up in the code that only allows for one egg per creature. The game originally let you have as many pets as you wanted (they could die) so it doesn't hurt anything to have more than one pet. We still aren't sure WHY this happens sometimes...

I'm thinking it's because the registry checks for egg in inventory, pet in world... I've noticed a few people that say they've made the incubator itself and had that in their inventory OR placed down in the world, but technically they neither have an egg in their possession or a hatched pet in their repertoire. Could this be it?

That's the pattern I noticed, too. So that's my guess!

Sorry to shoot this down, but I got a second Zug egg while I had my Zug with me. So maybe it's just an inventory check that's failing.

Don't be sorry! I'd much rather have the right answer available than be the person with the right answer.

And yet weren't you in favor of keeping Pluto around as an honorary planet? Simply because of handful of decades where we misunderstood our solar system during which you happened to have been born. The whole Pluto "debate" was about whether it's better to have the right answer or to be the person whose answer was right. And thankfully Science won that fight. (Just having some fun, not seriously trying to start a fight on the internet or something!)
Last edited by Etrusan on 19 Feb 2016 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do NOT quote previous post. Next time your whole post will be deleted.

Nope, I totally wasn't in favor of keeping Pluto as a planet :D

I'm a scientist, so I firmly believe that terms should mean specific things and that we should change our view of the world as we learn about it.

BOOM

Ah that was just one of your bros. Still can't always tell who is who on the podcast :-) Glad to hear you're a true scientific scientist type.

I like Pluto and would therefore like it to be a proper planet but it isn't and that's a shame but if it doesn't fulfill the requirements to be a planet then it is correct to not be one.

Next

Return to Crashlands Gameplay