Crashlands Shenanigans

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
I got no gongs on the first playthrough (I didn't even know they were a weapon!). On my second, I got the first two gongs really early (as soon as I could regularly fish them, without even trying). The third took some time, and I ended up doing the regular stuff: fish farms and fish bombs. Didn't take too long. The megagong was easier. So using my fair, unbiased experiment with a representative size of 2, I proclaim it was all dumb luck after all!

Quite the interesting insight on having the second gong early like this! When you get the pole on the Bawg, the secong gong is only one tier above your current weapon! So the difference is much less drastic, comparing to the first gong, which was two to three tiers higher.

@bscotchAdam Pretty much agree. That's why Insane is so cool!

wait how do you get fatfish into your inventory??? :s

You pick one up as if it were an item so activate build mode, poke the infinity button (∞), and poke that fat fish into your inventory.

Ok thx my dreams have come true i must collect all the fatfish and then make a backpack out of one of them
Last edited by MeaKitty on 03 Mar 2016 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Consider yourself warned for spamming smilies.

Well considering your inventory is limitless that might take you.. erm forever.

3 days of fishing over 100fat fish still 0 Jackagong, i cant even imagine how long it will take me to get the tundra gong............

Welcome to the wonderful (or not) world of randomness! Mea and I will be your unlucky guides there! XD

I have tried opening over 100 fatfish, blown up and fished at least 500 pools in each biome not to mention i have spent 4 days trying to get the megagong... and i dont know if its just my luck but i havent found one single gong... i wanna hate this game for that fact but i love it too much :(

Help me ;-;

Get a Gulanti pet and make new ponds with fish foods. There aren't any other way to get it than fishing.

Did you actually equip the trinket to lure the Megagong?

If you did, you're among the unlucky ones.

PreviousNext

Return to Crashlands Gameplay