When will there be a fix for the geyser demon??

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
I've updated to the latest iOS version, and apparently the geyser demon bug is still not fixed. I've destroyed over 500 geysers and still no sign of the demon. Either the devs set the drop rate to 0.01% or the demon was destroyed by Hewgo and won't spawn again. Is a fix in the works? It's getting very annoying to not be able to get the missing raw material for a level 27 pair of boots, when the rest of my gear are all 35.

User avatar
 
Posts: 5

All legendary items have constantly-increasing drop rates, so there is no fixed rate. Every geysir you harvest increases the chance to find the demon. Did you see Hewgo destroy the demon?

User avatar
 
Posts: 1371
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA

I had this problem in BETA save. After launch save is fine.

User avatar
 
Posts: 465
Location: Brno, Czech Republic

If legendaries have constantly increasing drop rates then it only means there's a bug. I've destroyed over 500 geysers, why is it not dropping? Shouldn't it be like at least 20% to drop after 500, or somewhere close? I can't be certain if Hewgo destroyed the geyser and/or demon, because I've been hunting geysers for over a week.

Note: this is for iOS version. I don't play the steam version.

User avatar
 
Posts: 5

Doesn't necessarily mean there's a bug, just means you're extremely unlikely. If you have 20% chance at 500 drops, that means you have a 1 in five drop chance.

However, you can only break one at a time, meaning that one you hit at 20% has a 1 in 5 drop chance, meaning you have a 4/5 or 80% chance of NOT getting. The next item you destroy might have a 20.1% chance, meaning you're still 1/5 of getting it. So forth and so on, with your chances increasing as you go.

Trust me, I've destroyed 5000 items before I've gotten something, and fished over 6000 of ONE item type before I've gotten a 'gong in a drop. So while it's MORE likely, you're not 100% guaranteed to get it the next time you destroy/fish something. You just have to keep at it.

User avatar
 
Posts: 939
Location: #1 Australian Fan

If it's a bug then I'm not gonna bother destroying any other geysers I come across because there's no point. No level 35 item needs anything from geysers. Why should I waste time destroying them? I've already wasted enough time on this BS.

It's hard for anyone with common sense to believe that you'd fail something almost 1000 times (yes that's the number now) in a row when the success chance is 20%. Yes I studied statistics so I know how the math works.

I just want a word from the dev, is there a bug with geyser demon not spawning in the iOS version or not? And was the "Hewgo permanently destroying legendary items bug" fixed or not?

User avatar
 
Posts: 5

If you think something is a bug, this is the wrong place to report it.

To my knowledge there is no bug with the torso demon. Did you check the patchnotes for fixes for the Hewgo-killing-the-demon bug?

The super rare drops were never intended to be things that you have to get. They're awesome things that should make you feel lucky when you get them. If you're already using armor several levels higher than what that would provide, it certainly isn't worth your time to keep trying to get it.

User avatar
 
Posts: 1722
Location: Dallas, TX USA

Lucky or dedicated as far as I know

User avatar
 
Posts: 1831
Location: Bordeaux, France

If Hewgo destroyed it, it will be fixed in the next patch!

User avatar
 
Posts: 1371
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA


Return to Crashlands Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests