Feeding pets?

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
just got whompit pet (yay! it's great!) but how do I feed it? Worried about it.

Wompits have 7 stomachs that go down their leg, during the incubation process the Wompit absorbs all the nutrients in the egg and is born with all 7 stomachs filled. With that being said Wompits have minor indigestion and thus take a bit to digest their food (roughly 10 years). So from the day they're born the average wompit doesn't need to eat for about 10 years. So to answer, there is no way to feed your pet as it is full and feeding it more will upset it's stomachs.

Epic response Mr Jpesky. I don't know if your question is serious basher - but I don't think you really need to feed your pets except to obtain their produce when you need it for crafting.

Haha, sorry I felt like writing up a story. Pet's don't need to be fed at all, but if you want to "milk" them they will consume resources to do so.

I was kinda wondering the same thing since I get a message flashing across my screen that reminds me to feed my pets while they're stabled to unlock special perks. Maybe it's just referring to the creature catalysts you make to 'embiggen' each pet a few times?

It's refering to milking them actually. Ifor you haven't noticed, when you go to milk (craft) something from your pet you pone the mouth icon. It's implied you're feeding them the resource and they are... milking out their item. Hope this clarifies things lol

Thanks for the informative answer. Now I wont worry. Is enbiggening in the ingame tutorial?

Yes! Juicebox will bring it up after a bit and give you the Wompit Garter which is used to embiggen your Wompit.

Mr. Jepsky I LOVE the explanation on 7 stomachs and think that should be in the game. For humor and also because the game had me thinking I would meed to feed my Thumper! (Hey I named him after whomping AND that gizmo in Dune!)

Ha lol. I just tried to put out a quality response because you seemed worried about it's well being haha.

Return to Crashlands Gameplay