SUPER MAX FLUX!

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Whats the best items to fill on each slot for trinkets and gadgets/other items that is general to use in combat no matter what type of creature you fight with. Surely the megagong and level 35 gears will give you an edge during battle but Im tired of switching and replacing slots during my hunting and exploration. Gallum and gulanti are tough ones they give me troubles . Currently my favorite ones im using are spacetime folder for travelling and teleport during battle, big red or thundercall for wide area fire or lightning damage although some creatures are invulnerable to these buffs, healing bag for free 50% quick heal and d-bot for a close combat whack-all-you-can-till-time-is-gone gadget. For trinkets im using clarm and searchlight for my pets increase attack, weakness detector for my increase critical chance and mercurial batshoe for some running skills enhancement during battle..

Well this answer is purely your opinion as there is no "best" trinket set up just your personal favorite.

Yeah, pretty much what Jordan said. There's so many items and such a variety that it also depends on how you play as well. One of my always equipped items was the fishing trinket, because I spent over 2 weeks fishing. Other than that you have damage enhancements and attack bonuses. You can use fire or ice or lightning to increase your damage.

It depends on how you play and what you need. Experiment a little... or a lot. Figure out what works for you with what you have, what you need and what you do.

But remember anything that adds speed is always nice!

As said by Jordan, it is purely a matter of opinion and play style. If you want my opinion and can only trust the fact that I'm also lazy, then read on.

I always use 3 gadgets together after the bawg: DBot, Chrono Shifter and Terrifying Fetish. They all give you an edge on battle and greatly reduce the chance of receiving a hit. The magic is that their cooldown sort of go hand by hand, so that you only stay "effectless" for very few seconds. It's better to use the trinket that reduces cooldown time with them to shorten the gap.

For the last slot, there are potions, or if you don't care about healing (on Insane for instance), whatever damage dealing-artifact you fancy. Big Red is on the top on my list, but do note it is useless against blastcrabs (very effective against Gulanti, though). The storm one is very good against Gallum, but Gulanti resist them, so it's a fair tradeoff. Bombs are a very useful alternative for instant area damage, especially those Depth Chargers that pile up after fishing so much after the gongs. One of those pulverises the lesser Gulanti when used with the Megagong.

The other trinkets depend so heavily on the context that I end up not being lazy (and trinkets are soooo much easier to configure). When I'm fighting, pet damage and crits. When I'm collecting resources, the gold statue and the multi-collect one.

One last info is important in whatever setup you end having: shock attacks can crit too (don't know if it is a feature).

Return to Crashlands Gameplay