Touch support issue

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
okok so let me bring this back up because its a darn of an annoying problem.. but first.. I actually have had this game on steam soon after release and now on my ios for a while now! been keeping up with you guys till now and its safe to say you bunch are quite the awesome, strong & independent group; anyways that's my thanks to you guys keep up the great work!! ..

anyways real issue... THIS has been going on ever since release! I actually thought my pc was messed up and just left it at that, used m+Kb since then but recently on the ios touchscreen movement has made me realize how fun and actually VIABLE it is.. so I opened up my steam after a long while, updated the lovely game just to give it another shot and NOPE.. NADA. did a quick search and found this, so ill contribute to the awareness haha.

PLEAST BSCOTCH STUDIOS FIX THIS AND PLEEEEASE don't forget!!!! its a SERIOUS let down for a lot of people, including myself! I have been asking for a solution for a few months now (not saying no one has looked into it I just wish it was something a bit more critical bc it does affect SOME people who buy this game coming from ios/google play TOO steam.. I'm sure they are looking for the touchscreen aspect aswell) anyways, thanks again and PLEASE TRY AND FIND A FIX FOR THIS DEVILISH BUG

TL;DR- touch screen tablets/laptops DO NOT support touchscreen play with this game, it's seriously disappointing!

This totally supports touchscreens, I played the Beta on my touch laptop and it worked like a charm EXCEPT that I have to double tap (tried on a Win 8.1, most definitely sure it's the same on any OS).

Also, where did you talk about it? The forums and the support system is the best way to get some actual support. Twitter, Steam Forums, Reddit [...] are not the best places to report problems :)

Pretty sure I answered that it worked already with double tap at some point around here or Discord though.

Not sure about it, but adding a touch-specific system for Steam might require a lot of work for not a lot of people. Then again, I'm writing about specific programming, but the double tap should do it :)

@bscotchseth is working on a fix for the double-tap problem on Windows touchscreens. We know it's a serious annoyance, but we have to address problems in an order that takes into account both how many people are affected and how hard the problem is to solve. There should be a fix out before too long!

I did actually enjoy the double tap. Plus a swipe works for guiding.
Or tap once and second time drag.

If anything, it worked and was really playable, except maybe some bosses/hard fights.

Yes unfortunately the double tap concept is a bit nerve wrecking trying to play on challenge mode one wrong double tap = death haha. ANYWAYS from the reading I've done, I know there are a lot of other serious issues out there which are defiantly more important , I just wanted to see if there was a solution on the way (which it is, that's amazing news!)
P.S - sorry if this has been brought up a few times before and thank you all for the dedication and effort you put into this great game.

Edit- BTW someone was asking where I asked before ; this was a while ago on steam forums I didn't think of the actual bscotch forums at first (derp)

Heh. That happens ^^

But yeah, official channels are the best :)

... Is there anything yet..? Been waiting for months now. Haven't touched my file since you last told me there was a fix on the way. Anyways , to be more specific. It was NOT "playable" having to dodge is already hard (I love it). But having to double click.. Is just lame. Yeah just because it works.. Doesn't mean it's useful at all. Now I'm just hoping this isn't something you all forget so quickly.. This really ruins 80% the reason I paid for this game.. Twice . I've been asking for a solution i don't know how long now; not the only one being affected by this. Countless of threads for this issue,just baffled it's been ignored like this

It's not being ignored.

Development is a slow process, and there are many things that also require fixes and improvements. As mentioned elsewhere, the double-touch problem is on our list and is being actively worked on. We know it's a bummer, but it's less of a bummer than people losing their saves or being unable to play the game at all, and only a small fraction of our players have this specific problem. Which isn't to say we don't care or aren't willing to spend the time making the fix for that small fraction -- quite the contrary! But we do have to prioritize fixes, updates, and improvements in a utilitarian way that does the most good for the most people.

@kushseller you can "just" slide (drag) your finger, Flux should follow. Definitely useful for fights.
I know I'm really adaptable, but with some training I'm pretty sure anyone could work it out. You can try off-fight first (for the drag movement). Then it's just a matter of double-clicking the enemy rather than single-clicking it.
It worked for me, if it doesn't for you, I'm sorry but you're probably fucked for now.

Of course, all that to play the game a bit before the team can fix it.

I know this is a bit of a thread necro, but I'm running into the double-tap issue as well. I got used to playing on my Android phone, and liked the game enough that I decided to buy it on Steam, because what could be more awesome than playing on a nice big Surface Book tablet? But I've found that double-tap to attack isn't nearly quick enough - especially now that we have hardcore mode! I think my Steam purchase is going to be collecting dust until this issue can be addressed. I'd be happy to beta test any PC touch interface versions that are in the works.

Next

Return to Crashlands Gameplay