Retroactive Achievements on Mobile (GP to BSID)

All about playing the game. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Hello everyone,

I just registered for Butterscotch ID and noticed that after connecting my save file to the cloud and syncing, I did not receive all the achievements that I had earned whilst playing only under Google Play. Namely, those achievements which record a count of creatures killed or items crafted I did not get, but those associated with my in game progress were assigned properly. I noticed that the achievement for stepping foot in the Bawg (I am currently in the Tundra) was not given as well.

After playing a bit I noticed the counts were starting from 0 in the BSID achievements tab and that I could get the Bawg achievement by stepping in there now. I had hoped that the game would catch up and check for the counts somewhere down the line, but it wouldn't happen. I also tried to force the game to sync again using the option in the BSID menu, but still no luck. I find it odd that the counts for creatures killed and items crafted did not sync while the game milestone achievements went through fine.

In short, is there any way to sync kill count and craft count achievements earned in Google Play to a Butterscotch ID? Or perhaps the devs forgot to add a check for these counts when the sync button is pressed?

EDIT: Found a similar issue here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4447

Not sure if there is a fix other than doing the achievements all over again.

-JavaPython
Last edited by Ulnarevern on 12 Jan 2017 10:53, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please avoid double posts and use the Edit button instead ;)

Hey there!
The similar issue should be fixed!

Basically, you should have to do all once (one floor, one wall and so on). I guess it's among the weird quirks but I don't think there's a way to fully auto-sync that, or not yet? @bscotchseth may be the one able to answer?

Thanks for the swift response!

Unfortunately, I did try to add to the count (build 1 more wall/floor, kill 1 more creature, etc.) but all it would do is add to the newly zeroed BSID achievement counter. Just like the person from the similar issue discovered, it seems that these achievements are counting crafts and kills from scratch after claiming a guest save file. :(

My hope is that it will be an easy fix to sync the counts to BSID since Google Play was able to retroactively reward me the count-related achievements I had earned while offline. I am assuming this means the data is being saved, just not accessed by BSID. Having to grind for the bigger ones again would spoil the otherwise amazing gameplay experience I have been having!

Stats aren't synced from other services to BscotchID. When Google Play or another service is present, BscotchID perk progress will also be sent to that service when various game events trigger that to happen.

So, if your achievement progress is on Google Play, without BscotchID, and then you started a new save with BscotchID, the progress accumulated on Google Play will not get transferred to BscotchID.

I'm not totally sure that was the problem you are dealing with.

Sorry, I don't think I was totally clear. I did assume that Google Play and BSID do not talk to one another directly. However, I had local progress which I claimed with BSID and was able to retroactively get only some of my achievements for after entering the game. These achievements were ones I knew I had earned already through Google Play's achievement tracking.

After looking at the end of this past thread (viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4447), I saw that perk syncing was admitted to be broken for the counting achievements by Seth. They incorrectly restart at zero instead of syncing the true counts.

I guess I was hoping that it was a problem old enough to have been fixed as Ulnarevern implied. But, now that we see it hasn't, how easy would it be to implement? I feel that the counting achievements must be tracked retroactively by the game since I was able to earn them offline and they would still pop up for Google Play when I got a network connection. Is this mechanism not accessible or somehow different for BSID?

In the meanwhile my only recourse seems to be grinding out all the kills and crafting to get the achievements back. I really don't want to have to do that :(

Seth did supposedly fix it, so long as you're on the most up-to-date version of the game. If you are, but it still doesn't work, submit a support request so @BscotchShi can get it fixed!

http://contact.bscotch.net

I tried the link you gave me, but the send button keeps saying "Failed for some reason :(".

Apparently this is happening to everyone, I'm looking into it!

Any updates, @bscotchAdam? I saw you told someone who tried using the same form as me that it was fixed. I tried it again and still got "Failed for some reason :(". For reference, I am using Chrome (stable channel) on Windows 7. I turned off all extensions just to make sure they weren't interfering and I still got the same result.

EDIT: I poked around the console one more time and it seems I am getting an object back with a "417 Expectation Failed".

@JavaPython Oooh, that sounds like a different problem than the one I fixed. Can you PM me exactly the contents you were using in the form so I can try to reproduce the error? Sorry for the trouble! That form was coded up by someone who was learning webdev at the time, so anything could be messed up ;)

Next

Return to Crashlands Gameplay