Oddly Crystal/Fossilized Skull (Legendary)

All about Questing. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. Likely contains spoilers. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
Has anyone had any luck locating the Oddly Shaped Crystal? I don't remember what dropped the schematic so don't know what I can "farm" to get it :( I was thinking Glutterflies but no luck so far.

btw, loving the legendaries in this game so far.. this art is AMAZING!

Edit by Ulnarevern (stolen from Mea's answer)
Oddly Shaped Crystal = Dusk Crystals. Smash them. A lot of them.
Giant Fossilized Skull = Tartil Drop. Smash them too. Big ones.
Last edited by bscotchAdam on 08 Aug 2017 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added info for the drops

We had this discussion before in the Discord Chat, didn't we? Someone did.

The "Oddly Shaped Crystal" does drop from Glutterflies as far as anyone remembers, however, it's got a single digit rarity I believe. So you will have to kill a LOT of Glutterflies.

Good thing to keep in mind is that the "babies" don't drop rare resources. You will ONLY get it for the Epic and Legendary creatures. Same as eggs. So you may need to level up further and work out how to take out the Big'uns to get it.

But it does exist, and it IS possible, so take out everything you can find and when you least expect it, you'll find it.

Also swear outloud. That helped a lot. Almost guaranteed if you "pray" the right cursive.

Or try asking Maarla really nice. Sometimes she answers prayers you didn't even know you spoke.

Yeap found one and made it. Much like the legendary gloves it seems to just be s rare drop. It's from Dusk Crystals, the white rocks that glow at night you need a tier 2 pick from. The squid spy who gives you the recepie says so when he gives it to you. No real secret, just grind em till you get it. Was at over 100 crystals when mine dropped. Definitely not off a glowfly for me.

OMG!!!! Thank you @Grailchaser - I've actually been saying it comes from Dusk Crystals all day, but everyone's been assuring me it comes from Gutterflies, hence my answer. Was starting to think I was going NUTSO!

SO yeah, ignore the part of my post about Gutterfly, go smash all the Dusk Crystals. They're further out, and as Grail mentioned they require the Tier 2 Pick. But it IS possible to get one. Good luck!

LoL the glutterflies are not an issue, they do not seem to understand how to run from incoming Tartil poop, silly things. I guess one can never have too much Chitin :P

@Grailchaser, I thought I remembered him saying something about the Dusk Crystals, late night gaming makes you forget things :P Thanks for the info!

My excuse is solely that "it was 120 hours of gameplay ago" LOL.

Wait, Meakitty, you said that the eggs drop only from epic and legendary creature. But I got a glidopus egg from just a normal glidopus. I've never even fought a verdant one yet.

Edit: Apologizes, I just saw in a different post that you and someone else agreed that it's just the babies you can't get it from.

I blame the ADD. I start out adventuring out for Dusk Crystals, then it turns into "Oh, I can kill that, that, and that. Oh! I can harvest that! OH LOOK AN EGG, LET'S HATCH IT!" -_-"

@FLMorgue how do you think I got 130 hours of gameplay. Hey! A thing I can do. And a place I can explore. And another thing--where'd the first thing go? Was that back--oh look at this shiney! (etc)

Oh happy days :D

Next

Return to Crashlands Quests