Tundra help please

All about Questing. Tips, tricks, and how to resolve problems. Likely contains spoilers. For fans of the game, do not treat this like a support system!
g'day
I only have two missions left atm in the tundra
one is to make pincusion bombs which i cant find where to make them
i think they need the next station but i cant make that because i dont have a better trowel or pickaxe - how do i get either of those?
and the other one is to make a firestorm which i cant seem to find that eiter
how do i make the next station which is the burnchurn when i dont have the tools needed to gather the materials needed?
thanks in advanced

Okay, spoilers ahead for those that haven't gone near the Tundra. You've been warned.

The Burnchurn is made in the Tumbler workstation. There isn't anything in the components of the Burnchurn that you should need a pickaxe for. It's 2 standard components you should be able to pick up, some coral you can fish up, and some flungus you can harvest by throwing flailpods at them.

You should have a (or access to a) Spinesaw in the tumbler. That requires some creature harvestable resources and a slurrifier resource, plus your old saw.

The trowel is made in the Shredbasket which is the first workstation and requires resources you can harvest right from the start of entering the Tundra.

The next pickaxe is actually in the burnchurn, so you wouldn't need that for any of the above stations/items.

As for a "firestorm" there's no such item as far as I can see. Could you please recheck the item name for me and give me the exact item name?

g'day
i have the first upgraded versions of the saw and trowel, but i need the 2nd up graded tunrda versions.

the burnchurn says i need flailbark - which i need the 2nd version of the saw to get to harvest those trees with spikes on them. i also need flungus pod which comes from those blue floaty spounge things which i need to feed something fromt he flailbark from. i cant find the 2nd version saw mission.

the firestorm is the mission name from jak and i need to make big red sorry but i cant make it because i think its in the burnchurn which i cant get because of the first issue. hope that makes more sence sorry.

Are you certain you have the Spinesaw? It's a Tier 5 tool, and it will make short work of Flailtrees, which give you the blackbark you need. It's available in the tumbler.

And I'm not sure what item/s Jak wants, can you please screen shot the quest information for me, as well as your Tumbler items so I can see you've got the tool in question.

i have had the spinesaw for a while, really not sure why i couldnt cut down the flail tree things after i made it. i closed down the game and reopened it and now i can cut them down instead of it saying you need a better saw for this.

thanks for the help its let me be on my way now again with the story missions.

Uh, no idea either sorry. But as long as it's working now, that's all that matters. Best of luck with the burnchurn quest. If you need more help with Jak's just let us know.

ive been trying to get a lyff egg for about an hour now, is there any special means to get it?

ive gotten all the other ones much quicker then this before.

No special means. And lyff's have the same drop rate as everything else, just have to keep battling them until you find one. It will happen, you might just be a bit unlucky with the roll of the dice, so to speak. Just remember to take on the larger versions for the egg drops. The standard baby ones don't drop eggs, only the adult versions. Good luck.

yeah ive been killing the gold and the slightly green ones to try and get it, up to 5 gold ones nows and 9 greenish ones

Egg drop rates still aren't based on the enemy level. Killing normal (grey) big Lyffs (like Dueven) should have the same chance to bring you an egg than green and gold lyffs

Next

Return to Crashlands Quests